Simply the best small car!
By 3rdhonda on
2011 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
After previously owning a new Civic for 9 years and then selling it to get a 2011 Fit, I have to say this car is wonderful, just fantastic in every way. I could not be happier with a car. It is functional, reliable, fun to drive, and best of all has exceedingly great mileage. I don't know what planet the epa was testing the fit on but here on earth, my car gets 44 highway (at 65 mph) and averages around 39 combined/city/highway even with the a/c on. This is after about 7500 miles. Initially the first few thousand miles the mileage is not as good but still much better than the epa quotes. I love this car, just love it!!!!!
Favorite Features
The mileage just gets better and better. This car actually teaches you how to drive again as you will see from the onboard mileage computer how much gas you use up when you punch the accelerator vs going lightly on it. The public has no idea how much gas they are wasting by going faster than than they should. The car is very comfortable and all the instruments are in the right place. The car has so much room inside that it is just like a SUV inside but has the small car feel and nimbleness and mileage we need. Why waste your money on a gas guzzling SUV when you can have this gem with all the benefits but without the gas costs?
Suggested Improvements
Maybe in a few years I will figure out what improvements to make but I honestly cannot think of anything. This is my 3rd Honda and this has to be the best Honda ever created. No wonder there is a shortage and it was hard to get. I had to order the 5 speed as most are automatic. The 5 speed is a dream! Smooth shifting. Just wonderful. So much fun to drive and the a/c is ice cold.