Internal Door Rust - Door Lock Failures
By JES_MA on
2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I have garaged my FIT nightly and weekends in Massachusetts. My driver's side rear door after locking would not open with key, door pull, outside handle, or inside handle. With 35,000 miles and 37 months of ownership cost me $465 to have door forced open and entire lock / motor mechanism replaced due to severe rusting on mechanism. Makes me wonder if recalls for SRS Air bag failure due to water and the more recent drivers door electrical switches for water shorting indicate if there are leaks in the doors. Now concerned other 3 doors will need lock replacements. Has anyone else had the lock failures on their Fit? If yes check or ask about server rusting as a cause.
Favorite Features
Capacity to haul items around, mileage get about 40 in summer and 38 in winter.
Suggested Improvements
Give this vehicle a Hyundai like warranty to Honda figures it out. Stop restricting supply of the vehicle, if Japan manufacturing is too expensive move it to Mexico.
By miraluna
on 01/23/12 10:24 AM (PST)

I have had to replace driver side lock twice, passenger side once, and ignition lock cylinder once. The locks on this card suck!

By 2007fit
on 02/14/11 21:13 PM (PST)

I have a 2007 Fit base since new and had a new carpet installed last year due to water coming in through the bottom of the front passenger door. Back to the Honda dealer last month with water in the spare wheel well. they said it was due to cracks around the top of the roof that meets the tailgate. Cost me $140 to have it fixed only to discover the leak is still there.