Used 2007 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Honda Fit 2007
By Napo Barto

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is but the best car from Hondas. Love the paddle, it is just fun driving this car. Mileage I got is a lot better than epa's rating. Great Little Car. Will keep mind for a long time. Thnx Honda, keep the good work.

snow handling
By vinny

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a certified 2007 honda fit with 19,000 miles.I was very pleased with this car till it snowed. The dealer had put on 4 new tires--whatever they were they are horrible....maybe the car is just too light.I thought my vw jetta was bad in the snow but the fit is ridiculous. I cant get out of my driveway even after I've shoveled it out.I got stuck on a level alleyway pulling out to a level street! After the road was plowed the remaining snow was throwing me all around even though the larger car in front of me was ripping right along.Now I'm scared to venture out with even the lightest snowfall.I 'll have to do more research next car purchase time.

Favorite Features

fold down seats for lots of storage and combinations-its like a small minivan fun driving 4 doors and hatchback

Suggested Improvements

replace the cheap carpet and excessive scratchable plastic I don't think there is anything they can do to help the snow driving problem

Spend Your Money Elsewhere
By fit2006

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased Honda Fit 8/2006. LOCK: After 2 years, the driver's lock stopped working. Honda did not stand by the lock. Passenger lock also failing. BRAKES: Passenger brake caliper stuck causing the pad to wear down on that side only. Honda fixed it and promised it wouldn't happen again. This time, slider sticking, brake pad on passenger worn again! VISIBILITY: The side curtain airbags cause two very large blind spots for people my size (under 5'3"). HANDLING: The car has a high center of gravity. Wind causes the car to dance a bit on the highway. BODY INTEGRITY: Any kind of minor collision causes this car to crumple and the bumper to come off! The car is very boring.

Favorite Features

I do love the interior of the car -- room for a lot of stuff. I also love the safety features that came standard with the car.

Suggested Improvements

1.) More power ports -- there is only one power port!!! Ipod Docking? 2.) BODY INTEGRITY! Come on Honda! 3.) Better locks -- geez!!! 4.) Lower center of gravity 5.) More comfortable seats 6.) Tires that last longer 7.) Fuel economy. 8.) Better visibility

90K miles and counting
By volksheime

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 90K mile on my fit since 4/06. Average 38.5mpg in summer, 33.5 in winter 90% highway. Cargo room is unbelievably useful and well designed - I put a water heater, car engine, tv boxes etc you do not need a truck. Sporty and fun to drive - nice dash instrumentation broke 2 windshields b/c of stress cracks, rattle in the dash started, wore factory tires out in 30K, tires rubbed and wore through the loose plastic fenderwell, rims have curbrash, drivers seat is tolerable but not the best, need a center armrest. Power steering acts up when cold out and American Honda wont replace it for free ($800 fix) even though there is a bulletin. I love my car for what it is.

Favorite Features

Unreal cargo room for the car size, good mileage, no engine/ trans problems yet, appearance, gauges, handling (but not in snow). I find it hard to beat a fun driving cargo hauler that gets 38mpg for 16K.

Suggested Improvements

Interior shows marks/dirt really bad, needs a 6th gear (Si version), needs armrest, needs some soundproofing, and a 100K B2B warranty for Honda people who crank on miles like me. Pedals too close together, windshield design, seat comfort is poor.

A Great Car With A Few Flaws
By CF

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love my car. I love the Electric Blue color, the size, the interior space & driving it. It is absolutely amazing how much you can fit inside. It's also roomy & comfortable for all the passengers. The gas mileage is great at 33-40 mpg depending on city/hwy, how close it is to needing an oil change or if the AC is running. A few things have bothered me: the fact that the AC is auto on with the defrost, my dome light burned out at 45000 miles (I've never replaced this in any other car (even over 150K miles), the paint scratches really easily, no front car mats & the tires did wear quickly as others have said. Overall I'm happy with this car, except maybe should've gotten the Sport instead.

Favorite Features

Color: Electric Blue, Ease of parking in any space, Interior space & capacity, Seats & how they can be positioned in different ways, MPG, Maintenance Minder, Hatchback

Suggested Improvements

Maintenance minder, tires, front floor mats, optional AC with defrost, better quality dome light, Cost for maintenance seems ridiculous @ dealers & inconsistency with dealers maintenance schedule vs. Honda's. Radio antenna doesn't get as good reception as previous cars.