2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Noisiest car I have ever owned
By heli_driver on 08/08/13 16:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased brand new (14 Months ago) with every option Honda offers. This vehicle is the noisiest car I have ever owned. My Honda convertible S2000 was quieter than this CRV. Road/tire noise, wind noise, engine noise and even noise from passing vehicles are not attenuated. Being mostly mid to higher frequency noise, this gives us both a headache. I question if Honda forgot the soundproofing in my car. The Head Lights are very weak & easy to over drive. At Hwy speeds the steering input is far too sensitive, making it squirrelly and dangerous feeling. Even as a commercial helicopter pilot, the Navigation/stereo is not easy to use and key features do not work with the iPhone.

Mostly love it but there's an issue with the battery
By jefferson2014 on 08/02/13 23:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 3rd CRV so I'm sold on Honda and I mostly love this one. However, there was an issue with the battery - had the car seven months when the battery died. Very strange but it was the middle of winter where we had a string of below zero days. Replaced it and went along until 6 months after that when the battery died again. Triple A could not even jump it so had it slow charged and then took it to the dealer. There is a battery drain issue with these models (Honda Service Bulletin 12-041). Dealer upgraded software and so far so good.

Close to perfect!!
By quintus1 on 05/27/13 13:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We absolutely love this car. I bought the touring edition and had the sport mats and a tow package installed on it. Went with black on black leather and I am SO glad I bought this car over the many many others I tried out. After test driving all of the other SUV's in it's class, this car is absolutely the best choice. It looks really cool and serves it's function as being a family/dog carting/get me to work/hauling vehicle. The fold down seats and the handling were what sold me. Once you take it out of eco mode it actually has some fairly good power. Great job Honda!!

OK, but some issues
By t55 on 12/11/12 20:54 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased this car new. Fairly comfortable and rear seat has adequate room and I'm 6'1". Road noise not bad on good roads but irritating on slightly rough highways. Hard to hear conversation on these roads. Engine noise is mild when cruising, but noticeable under acceleration and strained and a bit slow. This is fine as I drive usually for economy and many 4 cylinders are similar. Gas mileage is good; on a trip with completely packed car going around 70, we got 29.5 mpg. Issues: weird chirping noise from rear at low speed. Breaks are very touchy. Navigation does not know some old roads. Have to talk very loud for voice activated phone and navigation system commands to work.

BEWARE
By etgold on 12/11/12 16:30 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Technology is sorely dated. IPhone 5 does not sync and no idea if or when it will. FM Radio real time traffic is never correct. Shows accidents a mile away from actual location, wet roads when no rain for a week, heavy traffic on clear roads and clear roads when there is heavy traffic. Hands free commands very difficult to use. Sorry I bought a CRV. Went to buy an SUV for my daughter and did not consider Honda. You have been warned.

Electric Shock from the ignition key...I should have known better
By notrch on 11/04/12 12:43 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Has anyone else received an electric shock while inserting their 2012 CRV key in the ignition? I have and my finger is still numb and painful a month later. I thought I was becoming more economical when I traded my 2007 BMW X-3 in for this Honda. I am averaging 17 miles per gallon. The navigation system is a joke, I have been in a Staples parking lot with the navigatin telling me the closest store is 364 miles away!!! Don't even try to find a Radio Shack. The voice operation is sporatic and was designed to cause frustraion and annoyance, which it will do with ease...the only thing it does with ease. Thanks

3rd CRV - they keep getting better
By zeebop2012 on 09/27/12 20:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2009 CRV (EX) for a 2012 EX-L with Nav. Got a great price for the trade-in (CRVs hold their value nicely) and am loving the new one. Favorite features: Getting about 23 mpg, which is what was promised. Comfortable ride and smooth handling Love the center console (much better than the table thingy in the 2009) The Navigation is a life-saver. When I travel to new cities, the Navi is a major "de-stressor" Love taking this car grocery shopping - easy to get groceries in and out (lots of room!).

Love my new Honda crv ex-l
By jsanczyk on 07/03/12 16:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My parents purchased a new Honda crv suv about 2 weeks ago. The car is beautiful. It is black with black leather interior. The navigation is so easy to use and I love driving the car. It handles great and parks so easy.

You gotta luv it !
By chuckles6 on 03/13/12 17:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for 3 weeks. I wanted to wait longer to write a review, However I'm so excited about this little SUV I just had to let it out. With 600 miles on this car there is nothing I do not like about it. I have owned 60 cars and trucks in the last 36 years, 13 of them Hondas. Like always Honda has done it again. Solid, Quiet, and quality the just does not stop. I have owned Toyotas, Nissans, Subarus, Fords, Chevys, BMWs, Mazadas, etc. Everytime I switch to a different brand, I always miss my Hondas. This SUV feels very upscale when driving down the road. The interior is very pleasant and comfortable. Fit & finish is great. If you are thinking about it, you gotta get one.

Love my CRV
By wab1 on 02/18/12 11:21 AM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CRV EXL 3 weeks ago and love this vehicle. I traded in my 2009 CRV EXL and it is a very big improvement. Driving is fun, it steers better, rides better, much quieter, more comfortable, and I am getting 23.5 mpg around town driving. The new design is absolutely beautiful inside and out. For those critics who claim the CRV needs a 6 cylinder engine, I highly disagree. This car has plenty of power and pick up for for most purposes.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$126 per month*