Used 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Noisiest car I have ever owned
By heli_driver

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased brand new (14 Months ago) with every option Honda offers. This vehicle is the noisiest car I have ever owned. My Honda convertible S2000 was quieter than this CRV. Road/tire noise, wind noise, engine noise and even noise from passing vehicles are not attenuated. Being mostly mid to higher frequency noise, this gives us both a headache. I question if Honda forgot the soundproofing in my car. The Head Lights are very weak & easy to over drive. At Hwy speeds the steering input is far too sensitive, making it squirrelly and dangerous feeling. Even as a commercial helicopter pilot, the Navigation/stereo is not easy to use and key features do not work with the iPhone.

Favorite Features

Looks great. I have achieved 36 mpg using the cruise control. Like the rear compartment access & how the seats auto fold down. Great interior color combo Mocha/Tan/black Great back up camera Good visibility and wipers Not easy to use, but the trip/fuel mpg computer info works great.

Suggested Improvements

Sound attenuation Sound attenuation Sound attenuation Variabel assit steering or lower the input ratio. Improve headlight projection.

Mostly love it but there's an issue with the battery
By jefferson2014

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 3rd CRV so I'm sold on Honda and I mostly love this one. However, there was an issue with the battery - had the car seven months when the battery died. Very strange but it was the middle of winter where we had a string of below zero days. Replaced it and went along until 6 months after that when the battery died again. Triple A could not even jump it so had it slow charged and then took it to the dealer. There is a battery drain issue with these models (Honda Service Bulletin 12-041). Dealer upgraded software and so far so good.

Favorite Features

Navi, heated seats, radio, storage console, roomy interior, great for hauling kids, pets and groceries.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should warn owners of these cars about this battery issue so they are not caught off-guard if it happens.

Close to perfect!!
By quintus1

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We absolutely love this car. I bought the touring edition and had the sport mats and a tow package installed on it. Went with black on black leather and I am SO glad I bought this car over the many many others I tried out. After test driving all of the other SUV's in it's class, this car is absolutely the best choice. It looks really cool and serves it's function as being a family/dog carting/get me to work/hauling vehicle. The fold down seats and the handling were what sold me. Once you take it out of eco mode it actually has some fairly good power. Great job Honda!!

Favorite Features

Fold down back seats, navigation system, appearance, handling, gas comsumption

Suggested Improvements

could use some more zip to make it more fun

OK, but some issues
By t55

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased this car new. Fairly comfortable and rear seat has adequate room and I'm 6'1". Road noise not bad on good roads but irritating on slightly rough highways. Hard to hear conversation on these roads. Engine noise is mild when cruising, but noticeable under acceleration and strained and a bit slow. This is fine as I drive usually for economy and many 4 cylinders are similar. Gas mileage is good; on a trip with completely packed car going around 70, we got 29.5 mpg. Issues: weird chirping noise from rear at low speed. Breaks are very touchy. Navigation does not know some old roads. Have to talk very loud for voice activated phone and navigation system commands to work.

Favorite Features

Highway gas mileage, style and room. Phone works good with blue tooth radio system. Steering is easy to turn.

Suggested Improvements

More sound insulation. Better navigation. Make breaks less touchy. Fix noise from rear of car. Dealer said he did not hear as everyone else has that have ridden in car.

BEWARE
By etgold

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Technology is sorely dated. IPhone 5 does not sync and no idea if or when it will. FM Radio real time traffic is never correct. Shows accidents a mile away from actual location, wet roads when no rain for a week, heavy traffic on clear roads and clear roads when there is heavy traffic. Hands free commands very difficult to use. Sorry I bought a CRV. Went to buy an SUV for my daughter and did not consider Honda. You have been warned.