2012 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Don't buy a Honda CR-V
By dfdinnc on 03/26/14 16:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The battery does not charge and Honda cannot fix the problem. We bought this car new because I wanted my wife to have reliable transportation. It has failed to start 8 times in 18 months. The dealer seems to have given up fixing it. I will pursue compensation under our state lemon law and someone should start a class action lawsuit against Honda.

Great family car
By bandit911 on 04/13/13 07:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have made 2 long trips along with the normal day-to-day driving. This is a near perfect car for us. While there is only 2 of us, we many times have 5 people in the the car. Everyone is comfortable in this car. Rear view camera turns out to be a nice convenience. The big disappointment is the rear hatch. Once it is open it is very difficult to close. There is not an option for an electric closer. You must reach fairly high in the air to grab the open door and if you have any type of shoulder or arm problem (I do) then you can not close the hatch. A car like this should have an electric closer. This is a big oversight.

First Honda, now 6 mo. old
By janemy on 01/06/13 13:22 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda and I love it. I test drove a lot of cars 6 months ago and narrowed it down to 2, the CRV and the equinox. I'd driven the Equinox on a long road trip so I knew well how it handled. I ended up with the Honda as it felt better sitting inside, more open. Also, I loved that it had more cargo room. After 6 mo. of driving I'm still extremely happy with the car. I have 15,000 mi on it so far, and no issues. I drive both city, highway and mountains. I average between 28 - 31 mpg driving about 70 mph. Less if I'm doing street driving only (22 - 24). My 6'2" husband can sit and drive comfortably.

Good but not great
By jax19 on 08/25/12 08:54 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2012 CRV-EX L and have been driving it for about 3 weeks. So far, I like it but have found a few things that could use improvement. I test drove several SUV's such as the Chev Equinox, Mazda CX5, and the Nissan Rogue. All were good, but I really liked the Honda engine and the ride. I needed a vehicle where I could put two bikes inside (don't like bike racks), and with the back seats down, it's a very easy fit. I expect to get several years of good performnace from this Honda.

Perfect Family Car
By chapelthrill23 on 08/19/12 10:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the CRV because I needed a family car and it has not disappointed. It is smooth, quiet, handles like a car, is spacious, and is fuel efficient. A lot of what makes it wonderful cannot be found on a spec sheet. I cross shopped more expensive cars (TSX Wagon, XC70, etc) but the packaging is what made me buy a CRV. The interior design is fantastic. I'm not sure how they were able to build a small car with such a huge amount of space. It also has many details that make it work for families. The huge center console is wonderful, the conversation mirror/sun glass holder is useful, the easy fold seats are handy, the big buttons are nice, and I love that the rear floor is flat.

CR-V getting better with age
By karsrus on 07/19/12 09:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We traded our 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L in for a new 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L after doing due diligence and exploring all the other new models. Like many others looking for a high content, high value CUV, It's really difficult to beat the combination that the CR-V offers. With 1,400+ miles on ours now, the gas mileage has averaged 31mpg both highway & city. We've seen as high as 38mpg. The 4cyl does fine, and living in TN we have a good mix of hills and valleys with no issues passing on the freeway. Both front & back seat space is really good, and we continue to marvel at how spacious it is on the inside compared to small footprint on the outside. Fit and finish are very good.

What an outstanding automobile!! John of Columbus, NC.
By jaacolumbusnc on 02/09/12 17:54 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

On 31 January 2012, I purchased a 2012 Honda CR-V 2WD EX-L and traded in a 2011 Hyundai Genesis after a year of ownership. I was able to purchase the CR-V for $26,761 not including taxes, tags and admin. fee. That price included body side molding, splash guards and rear cargo tray. It is a fantastic vehicle right from the first drive home from the selling dealer.

Nice but poor MPG
By randluke on 01/29/12 15:47 PM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought a new 2012 2WD CRV EXL. The handling and Interior design aspects of the CRV are nice. But for a model that is touting its fuel efficiency it does not deliver. I am getting 16 mpg in the city. Not at all what I expected.

Redesigned CR-V
By jjohnw on 01/13/12 07:38 AM (PST)

2012 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Examined, drove, negotiated, and bought a 2012 CR-V EX-L in White Pearl. We've been driving BMWs - X3 & 325Xi Wagon - but Mom's 2002 CR-V soldiers on with nothing but a new battery & tires along with routine maintenance over 10 years. It's still a great vehicle, right size, and enjoyable to drive. Our opinion is the new 2012 CR-V at $29k drive out instead of a X3 at $46k drive out is just as enjoyable and dare I say - a better driver as it doesn't pogo/bounce over rough roads as does the X3. Sure the CR-V won't win any drag races but 31 mpg highway is much more relevant.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$125 per month*