Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 291 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great SUV with some exceptions
By azdesertguy

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CR-V is great except for two issues that have really bugged me.

Noisy tires
No auto headlight turn off

How in the world can a manufacture be so stupid to leave a feature off auto headlight turn off.
I had the least equipped 2004 Vibe and it had auto headlight turn off.
I figured the top of the model should have this feature.
Talk about stupidity in the first degree!!!!!!

Then noisy tires....yikes!!
I have had people not wanting to ride with me due to the fact the tire noise is so high it would give one the impression the stupid wheels are going to fall off due to bad wheel bearings.
Fortunately, I had this checked and all the noise is from tires....

I like the response of the engine. Getting away from stops is fine. Ride is satisfactory, gas mileage is good. Interior features are good. Seating is comfortable and like the power driver's seat settings.

1. Add auto headlight turn off 2. Better insulation or whatever it takes to quiet the road noise!! This alone is cause enough to where I wouldn't buy another CR-V. I've owned many cars as I have a lot of years on and have to say this alone is a killer for me as far as ever buying another one. In fact I don't think I will keep this noisy beast much longer!!

Disappointed in Honda
By randyhi

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this CRV new and at 50,000 miles I was told by the local service dept that it now needs new tie rod ends, ball joints, and bushings. The poor thing has been used on the highway and in town and has rarely been on anything other than a paved road. I just got the quote for these repairs and it is just a little over $800. I have never seen a vehicle have suspension and steering problems arise this soon unless it had been subjected to serious off road use. Mine has not. It has a weak engine that struggles on hills and is best owned and driven in the flatlands. I bought a Honda for their reliability and am very disappointed with the issues at only 50K miles.

Fair gas mileage, quiet engine.

Their is a definite need to repair the door lock glitch that causes the thing to lock and unlock while driving down the road. It is a very annoying anomaly that could get someone hurt in an emergency situation. Also, the steering and suspension issue, at least with mine will make me try a different brand of vehicle next time.

Luv, luv my CRV
By lyslehp

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CRV on Oct. 2007, model 2008, brand new to the dealer and as of now I never have a problem. I change the break pads 6 months ago and change new tires 2 yrs ago. I would consider my CRV a gas saver. The only thing I don't like, after I paid off,the bank sent me my title the dealer Fletcher Jones made a mistake, well this has nothing to do with the car but I'm not happy because my title stated used car and the current mileage not the mileage when I bought the car.

Change the original tires not the Bridgestone which I don't like that kind of tires. I changed my tires when its was 29,000 miles while my friend who had Continental she didn't change not until it was 48,000 miles.

First Honda Owned. 16 Months of ownership.
By tmo1976

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda (have owned two Toyota's, three Volvo's) product. Purchased as a CPO vehicle and had one issue, A/C clutch was on it's way out after 10k miles of my ownership. Covered under warranty. Ride is firm but that is ok with me as I like a firm ride. Buttons on steering wheel are OK. Wish there was a scan feature for radio like one of my other vehicles has. CRV handles well in rain, light snow. AWD is allright for what is. Kids like the sliding rear seats so they can adjust as they like (believe that is no longer available on new ones). Rear seat recline feature is good also. Decent cargo capacity for travel.

Like the firm ride. Also, while some folks have said it is noisy inside, I can't really comment on that as the vehicle I also drive periodically (Z71 truck with AT tires) is a bit noisy. Good headroom, I'm 6' and so is my spouse. Mileage is good. I get 19-20 in straight in-town driving depending on traffic. About 25 for my commute (17 miles one way, 12 of that is highway). Best mileage on a trip was 28.5 with AC on, cruise set on 72. Figured mileage the old fashioned way, miles driven by gallons used to fill it up. Computer estimate is off. Holds a decent amount of luggage for trips. No trouble keeping up with traffic or passing, even in mountains in N. Carolina.

Seems like AC is a bit problematic on CRV's. Hoping the clutch failure on this one is a one time thing. Carpet is interesting. Seems thin. Also, replaced the carpeted floor mats that were new when I purchased this CPO vehicle for Honda all-weather mats as the carpeted mats started "pilling" up within about 3 weeks of my buying the vehicle. While I find the seats comfortable, it would be nice if there were additional adjustments available on the non-powered seats similar to the power seats on the EX-L. I have had a couple of vehicles with non-powered seats that had more adjustments. Power mirror switch should be on driver door panel, not dash.

Honda CRV Door Lock Problem
By gcan3

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Recently I have began to experience malfunctioning door locks.
I have read many similar complaints where the door locks spontaneously unlock while driving and relocate the remaining doors after opened.
This is a major safety concern and I am shocked that Honda has not dealt with this safety issue.
I see a class action law suit has been initiated in the US.
Shame on Honda, I thought you were better then that.
so far customer service at Honda Canada has been less then hospitable!
Keep the documentation coming.

Overall, reliable vehicle.

Really stiff suspension that leads to an uncomfortable ride.