2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
The perfect vechicle except ...
By northporter on 06/01/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Gas is 22 mpg, sometimes 21.9. Hard to take after owning three 40 mpg toyotas. Too bad toyotas are made so cheaply and badly now. But the Honda is a hoot to drive, has adequate power and amazing comfort and room. Gas mileage is not good tho. But you cant have everything, I guess.

Favorite car
By marcia on 04/21/10 08:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have always had fords and i love my cr-v! i didn't think i would need a nav. but it was used and a good deal. had a Mazda 5 (made by ford) and it did horrible in the snow. i feel safe in this car even though its a 2wd. people come into my work asking me if the cr-v is my car and somebody bought one because of me. I Love It

2008 Honda CRV
By cope6 on 04/15/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Of course there is the grinding/annoying brake noise, it has pulled to the right when stopping (deal said that rust/dirt causing the problem), have had clicking sounds at times when I go to start it and for some reason the rear differential has a problem every 10,000 or so miles. My 97 CRV's differential had problems at maybe 150-160 thousand miles .. needed grease! The dealer told me the clicking sound I get at times when I go to start it just can't be the starter because it's a new vehicle!! What is it then - battery is good! Pulling to the right when stopping - per them dirt on rotors/brakes - why do they get so much dirt? Why do they want $100 to grease the differential every 10K?

Love my CR-V!
By Amy on 04/01/10 11:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I was looking at cars, it was between this and the RAV-4. The rides were similar, but set this car apart was the interior comfort and style. Love the heated seats and still use them in Florida on cold mornings. Versatile back seat positioning allowing me to pack full to the brim with stuff. Great handling in rain and snow. Love how the car slows itself down when decelerating and the design of the gear shift.

A Rip for the pice
By Peter on 03/28/10 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Never again a Honda CR-V. Tires need replacing at 31,000, noisy ride down the highway, no sound insulation and no power with a small 4 cyl eng. With the small engine you would expect gas milage in excess of 25 mpg and not 22, which is what we average, which is mostly hwy driven.

Funtastic
By Maryland Honda lover on 02/11/10 09:15 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I loved my CRV EX 4X4. My teen son just totaled it. He was not injured thanks to Honda's quality built vehicle and airbags. He didn't even have a scratch! It was fun to drive, great lumbar support & comfortable, not bad 19-24 MPG. Great storage capacity for traveling. Loved the 4x4 aspect and ran like a champ in the snow. The standard Continental tires gave a rough ride which made the vehicle vibrate at highway speeds. They're hard to find replacement for in the metro area. I replaced them @ 28,000 miles,change in ride and handling was incredible, much quieter and smoother. I Love Hondas and plan to purchase another. con: minor-fabric on the inside door armrests. Gets dirty easy

Disappointed with my first Honda
By Felt32 on 02/07/10 05:09 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am highly disappointed in this CR- V. I had heard about Honda being the most reliable and for me that was not the case. My 2008 Honda CR-V ran hot on me; damaging an engine head gasket, temp control device, and etc. The battery also died on me, even though it was my fault for not closing the trunk all of the way; it should of warned me that the trunk was not closed. Very disappointed with my purchase so I traded it in after 1.5 years.

LOVE my CR-V
By Melissa on 01/30/10 07:30 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CR-V for just over 2 years. I put on around 30,000 miles per year, mostly freeway/highway driving. My mileage overall has averaged around 26 mpg over that time, and it easily gets over 30 mpg when driving at 60mph on non-interstate highways. I agree with other reviewers about the poor quality tires that came on the vehicle...they had to be replaced far sooner than any on any other car I've ever had. I replaced them with Cooper CS 4s and have been very happy. The CR-V is fantastic on ice and in snow. I feel very safe when I have to drive in inclement weather on my 40 mile one-way daily commute to work. Doesn't ride as smoothly as a car, but I didn't expect it to.

Happy Customer
By RamyaS on 01/25/10 15:54 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My husband wanted to buy a Rav4/V6. But I liked the CRV & we bought an 08'EX AWD. After 45,000 miles in 2 years, my hubby likes the CRV, a lot. We live in San Francisco, we have driven to the Grand Canyon, Seattle, Yosemite & many ski trips to Lake Tahoe. Lots of space for my dog, gear, friends & my hubby. The power is more than adequate. On long climbing hills, the engine RPM is steady and the VTEC kicks in to keep a steady speed. We drove through a bad snow storm in Lake Tahoe and I could feel the AWD kicking in many times to keep the vehicle steady & safe. The only problem are the stock tires, they are very NOISY. Looking forward to many more trips in the CRV.

Its ok
By david on 01/24/10 19:30 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the CRV. Wife wanted it. We got the 4cyl 2wd with a sunroof, black on tan cloth. Got such a good deal on it new. She is 5ft 6in or so, and its perfect size for her. Iam 6ft 5in, and cant stand to drive it, its too small for me. We have had it for almost 2 years, and put almost 10,000 miles on it. The motor is loud, it sounds like the motor in my 150,000 mile old cavalier. The air bag light flashes about every two weeks, but the dealership cant find a code of it. When its below freezing, it seems the battery is weak, as the motor spins slow on start up, but has never failed to start. If your under 6ft, it be a good choice for you, I love the black exterior on light tan interior color

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda CR-V in WA is:

$132 per month*