Used 2008 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 291 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love it!
By Honda Girl

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded an '08 Kia Sorento for my CR- V and couldn't be happier. The build quality is in a class of it' own and this vehicle has a very well thought design. I've owned a Honda in the past and my main complaint with my '04 Accord was road noise, and they've made great improvements with that. On my first tank the CR-V averaged 24.9 mpg (combined city/hwy). There's plenty of room for people and cargo and I like how the back sits flip forward. The back lift gate is easy to close, which was a problem with the Sorento, which had a very heavy/cumbersome litigate. Love how wide the doors open! Can't really comment on reliability yet but I expect no major problems since it is a Honda.

Console display, comfort, drives like a car (great handling!), good gas mileage, plenty of acceleration power for a 4 cyl. and loads of storage room. Materials are sturdy and it just feels solid. Love the moonroof. Doesn't have side roll that many SUVs have; it's steady on turns!

Maybe offer a hybrid version. I'm a little surprised at how much I like the center console tray, but others may not.

Great Compact SUV
By cgd

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the money, features, and specs, you can't go wrong with this one.

Better mpg would be nice, but I realize it's a tradeoff to get performance and to be up off the ground.

Roominess, comfort, ability to haul things, nice interior layout. Controls are easy and intuitive.

Please add variable-speed intermittent wipers to the LX trim. I've owned base-level cars in the past that had that feature. The EX can keep the sunroof, leather, etc.

Excellant Choice
By jmichael

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We compared the CRV LX AWD to the Toyota Rav4 Base 4 cylinder 4x4. We got a much better deal on the Cr-v, and it was the better choice. The interior of the CR-V is designed much better than the Rav4, and the ride of the CR-V is quieter, and much smoother. On the Highway we have been averaging 32.5 MPG. We haven't used the AWD yet but looking forward to the CR-V pulling us through the snow. The dash board controls are user friendly. The CR-V lets you know how many miles you have left before filling up which the Rav4 Base did not have. For a four cylinder engine you can not go wrong with this vehicle. If you can do without the sunroof, and other options the LX model has the same engine and body.

I can not just name one thing great about our CR-V, great mileage, the look, it's very roomy, great pick up for a 4 cylinder. I would pick the CR-V over the Rav4 Base 4x4.

I would suggest tinting out the windows like the EX models and above.

Nice Compact SUV
By Ravi

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this CR-V for 4 months with 3500 miles. I have not had one disappointing moment. I'm getting 20 mpg in city and 27 mpg on Highway . I'm yet to go for the first Oil change / service.

Digital instrument, Seating Comfort, MPG

Bluetooth option is the one really missing. Having Signal/Turn lights on the side mirrors would be nice feature.

Nice Compromise, Great Ride
By Stan Mcginnis

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I came from a (bought used CPO in 2004) 2002 V6 Eddie Bauer Edition Ford Explorer. Loved that car, but it broke down 3 times in 3 months and with gas @ $3.99, so I decided to try something smaller. I got the fully loaded CR-V, including Nav 5/26/2008. Car rides great, but idles kinda rough. Honda MPG: 22/26. I have no problems getting 28-29 with cruise control on the hwy. Front and side visibility is excellent, but rear quarters are poor, especially with rear passengers. HVAC heat and cool perfectly, and rear passengers can feel it. Nav works great, but the voice controls have like a 25% hit rate, despite having all windows closed, HVAC off and saying the exact command name.

Navigation and stereo choices (PC Card, 6 disc changer, MP3 disc, XM and AM/FM), Gas mileage, backup camera (you need it), spare tire under rear instead of hanging on the rear, AWD, gauges look great at night, quiet moonroof, power drivers seat is very comfortable.

Rough idle for small car. Why no automatic headlights? Voice command recognition is very poor. Put navigation software on a memory card, rather than the DVD - it takes 10-15 seconds before you can adjust the radio because of this. Add Bluetooth option. Top model should get fog lights. More colors.