2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews 25

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Excellent suv, good on gas, and too cute
By Rosita Catahan-Smith on 02/02/08 17:21 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love my honda-crv. It is perfect to drive my kids around, fits perfectly in any parking space, and oh, yes, good on gas. Very pretty to look at too. Reliable... knowing that is enough to bring peace of mind.

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD
By nmcdonald on 02/01/08 08:46 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I decided to buy this car based on Edmunds editor and consumer reviews, track record, price, and purported high gas mileage. I was selecting between the Mazda CX-9 and the Nissan Murano, and the CR-V. Since I was replacing a Toyota Camry, I thought that the size of the CR-V would be fine. The price was lower than the other two and the gas mileage, I thought would be great in comparison to the other two vehicles. Even though I receive about 24 to 25.5 mpg on my commutes according to the car, I can still only seem to average about 300 miles or 20 mpg per tank. I drive mostly highway miles and the mileage range advertised is not for the AWD models

New CRV
By cxv on 01/30/08 13:44 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Hard to judge built quality this early since my CRV is so new but so far not a single problem. The engine could use a little bit more power but no regrets. The fuel economy is decent for the type of vehicle and the big tank with an 87 octance is a relief. The interior is very comfortable and nicely put together. Before taking delivery I've noticed a scratch in the shift level indicator. The dealership will replace under warranty. Hard to judge exterior design. Is no Alfa Romeo but not bad.

CR-V EX 4WD - Japan built model
By GKUCHER on 01/26/08 10:06 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have not test driven too many cars, but this one was perfect. It has all the features we wanted, except for the ones I listed below. Seriously - we got this car knowing that I would miss automatic on/off headlights, knowing that it would be a little nosier than my previous car. There is just no one else who can deliver better designed and more attractive small SUV! (I'll also miss a bigger storage area between front seats, but I guess it's available on the EX-L model).

Very good handling and stylish interior
By Subhash on 01/21/08 15:37 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I chose CRV over its competition (including but not limited to RAV4) due to: 1. Exceptional handling - highly stable at high speeds, little/no body roll on curves and turnings. As a result, feels exceptionally great and fun to drive. 2. comfortable and stylish interior - Good dash features (digital fuel and mpg indicators), drop-down center console, elevated and adjustable rear seating with good legroom making long drives very comfortable. 3. Stylish exterior - looks great from all views. Spare tyre hidden underneath cargo. 4. Good resale value due to its high demand. My positive opinions have'nt changed after driving 3500 miles (under wide range of conditions). I get 21-22 mpg in city.

Great car for the $$
By Linda on 01/18/08 19:58 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V EX about a month ago. I choose the EX because I wanted the sunroof, which was standard on the EX model. The car is fun to drive and I've been very pleased with my purchase. This SUV is very classy looking as well, just as sophisticated as the pricier SUVs. The interior is so roomy, you actually feel like you are in a much bigger vehicle. Nice sized cargo area & the rear seats easily fold up for extra storage.

Great Value CR V EX-L
By Good value on 01/16/08 12:07 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Searched and test drove many small SUVs, Acura RDX, Toyota RAV, Subaru Outback and Ford Edge. Honda as always provides the best overall value for the money. Yes, it is not a powerhouse but it does have enough power for most situations. The benefit is good gas mileage and the power issue is only evident in some situations. The fact is that if you know the car you can easily manipulate the power to suit your needs in those situations with the gas pedal. Hill climbing is impressive and the grade- logic design does eliminate gear hunting so I think the Edmund reviewer was a little harsh with the comment in their review. Car is put together well and quality material is used everywhere.

Happy
By Pam on 01/14/08 09:02 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. Could use more horsepower. Lots of room inside, but kinda plain. Could use a DVD player in the back, for kids. Haven't seen the gas mileage as promised by the salesman, but it's still pretty new.

2008 CRV LX AWD
By Bob on 01/11/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. Comfortable and fun to drive. 28.4 mpg on a recent 1200 mile trip.22 mpg in mixed driving. Really no complaints except should have bought the EX for heated outside mirrors and outside temperature gauge.

Good by Expedition, Hello Honda!
By Marco in Florida on 01/09/08 19:10 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Coming from a larger SUV like the Expedition, I wasn't sure how I would like the smaller SUV. It has room, comfortable ride, not noisey,very smooth on the road and highway, does great on gas, average 24-26mpg, the Expedition used to average 12mpg, so I'm very happy with the price of gas buying the CRV. I test drove the Escape, Rav4, Edge, Outlook, and a few other crossovers, and I liked the CRV the most. Other vehicles compared to the CRV were $3000.00-4000.00 more, and the Honda CRV had more to offer for the money. My wife owns a 05 Acord, and never had any problems. The 05 Expedition was always giving me problems, I'm done with Ford, and a happy Honda custmour for life!