Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Nice Compromise, Great Ride
By Stan Mcginnis

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I came from a (bought used CPO in 2004) 2002 V6 Eddie Bauer Edition Ford Explorer. Loved that car, but it broke down 3 times in 3 months and with gas @ $3.99, so I decided to try something smaller. I got the fully loaded CR-V, including Nav 5/26/2008. Car rides great, but idles kinda rough. Honda MPG: 22/26. I have no problems getting 28-29 with cruise control on the hwy. Front and side visibility is excellent, but rear quarters are poor, especially with rear passengers. HVAC heat and cool perfectly, and rear passengers can feel it. Nav works great, but the voice controls have like a 25% hit rate, despite having all windows closed, HVAC off and saying the exact command name.

Navigation and stereo choices (PC Card, 6 disc changer, MP3 disc, XM and AM/FM), Gas mileage, backup camera (you need it), spare tire under rear instead of hanging on the rear, AWD, gauges look great at night, quiet moonroof, power drivers seat is very comfortable.

Rough idle for small car. Why no automatic headlights? Voice command recognition is very poor. Put navigation software on a memory card, rather than the DVD - it takes 10-15 seconds before you can adjust the radio because of this. Add Bluetooth option. Top model should get fog lights. More colors.

Disappointed
By Naveen

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased 2008 CR-V in the month of May. We are very disappointed with the quality. It vibrates a lot and we can feel it in the steering wheel and seats. As soon the drive stick is put in drive position the whole cabin starts to vibrate. Also, while driving it drifts towards one side. Dealer had taken the vehicle four times for repair but there is no improvement. Filed case with Honda too but they never responded. Honda is known for quality but at least we can't say that after this purchase.

Interior design is good

We have been told by the dealer that vibration is a common complaint by most of the buyers. We hope Honda would take it seriously

Amazing!
By LMF716

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 01 Nissan Altima in for an 08 Honda cr-v. I started my car search at Honda, and five months later, finished it at Honda. This car is excellent to drive. It is my first new car (I've had 3 used ones in the past), and am completely sure I made the right decision.

Exterior look, all the little compartments

arm rests.

Terrific
By tepozteco

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

15,000 miles and hasn't needed any warranty work whatsoever! Terrific drive and very comfortable; decent visibility helped by height off ground. Enough oomph to not be frustrating. Up to 34 MPG at 55 - 60 MPH. In town I can average as low as 22 MPG when it involves very short trips (1 - 2 miles at a time) and you would think 25 MPG would be more the norm. However, when my in-town driving goes over 3 - 5 miles at a time, my average does go up to between. Too bad Honda does offer this wonderful car with a manual transmission. I test drove the Toyota RAV4, Subaru Forester and Mitsubishi Outlander. Honda is more comfortable and maintenance-free car.

Seating Comfort Display/Instrument Layout Low Maintenance

Rear and Side Visibility Stronger Sheet Metal Give me my manual transmission!

Met my expectations.
By My first Honda

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a Trooper and I wanted a SUV with better fuel economy. I considered the RAV4 but I went with the CR-V because I thought it was a better built car. I think I made a wise choice and it has been what I had expected.

Fuel economy and still able to haul things around.

More power would be nice, but this would probably decrease gas mileage.