2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Love my CR-V
By Gail on 05/06/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When it came time for me to buy a new car, my son talked me into test driving a Honda CR-V. I absolutely fell in love with it. For the price, it has more amenities than any other car I test drove (and I test drove lots of different cars). I have the LX- L model with the rear view camera, navigation system, and great stereo system. I am averaging 25 mpg this last year, city and highway combined. Around town, I usually get 21 mpg, but on the highway, I get as high as 31 mpg. This was also the best gas mileage posted on any car I drove. I cannot remember when I've enjoyed a car so much. One thing that impressed me overall was I was not exhausted after driving a long distance!

Great Car!
By Sylvia on 05/04/08 16:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2007 and I've gotten nothing but compliments on the design. Smooth ride but weak power on acceleration/. My car mileage on highways is typically 28.1 mpg and 27.8 on city roads (based on 87 octane). Seats could be more comfortable as they are a bit stiff, esp for long distance driving. Love how the back door opens up, not sideways, like the RAV4. One of my complaints is that I have to turn off my front lights manually--does not turn off with the engine. Also when you drop anything between the 2 front seats-around the console, it's extremely difficult to find/retrieve whatever you dropped. Overall, it's a great-looking car with good gas mileage.

Luv it, Luv it, Luv it
By crvict on 05/03/08 08:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When we went searching for a new car, I had my heart set on a '07 RAV4. Husband wanted me to look at a CR-V before my final decision. Glad I did! I'm happier with the fold down table in the middle of the front bucket seats. I'm glad the hatch swings up and not into traffic. I added the removable tray in the back which is a dream after a trip to the store, and the gas mileage is wonderful. I didn't have to change oil for the first time till it hit 8,000 miles! And yes it is true for us, the CR-V was 15% less to insure because it doesn't have the spare hanging on the back. I've driven it for a little over a year now, and cannot find one thing wrong. And I got the entry level AWD!

Not happy with my purchase
By Matahari on 05/01/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned two Honda's before this purchase. This is the first CR-V. I am not happy with it and will replace as soon as possible. The interior is cheap, there are issues with the differential that I learned have been an issue for quote some time. Now with only 22,000 miles I have to replace all 4 tires. Never had any trouble with my Honda Accord's. Should have bought another one! Miles isn't as good as I thought either. Drove terrible in the snow and ice.

Right Choice
By S Schumacher on 04/24/08 05:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car needing something with AWD and good fuel economy. I've moved to the country and the roads are, shall we say, challenging. This car has been a gem. It's beautiful and flawless on the roads I navigate through. We've had a tough winter with much rain which turns to mud on dirt roads. One morning going to work in the dark and much rain I turned on the dirt road only to discover it was flooded. I kept going through a torrent of water (yes I know you're not supposed to!) and this car never faltered for a moment. It was like it knew what to do and where the road was. I'm getting about 25 mpg and feel very safe both on paved and unpaved roads. This car is sturdy and nimble

Somewhat better than the old CRV
By I like the Honda on 04/22/08 02:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like the new Honda CR-V, and owned the previous model (2003). Unfortunately I think it looks like every other new crossover-they look like station wagons! I'm not impressed with the fuel economy. I also miss the table that you got with the older CR-V-it came in handy for tailgating. It rides well, and is comfortable for the most part. I wish the back seat was a few inches wider, then two adults could sit in the back with a car seat.

Our best Honda yet!
By BullDurhamBlue on 04/06/08 05:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda just keeps getting better. The wife has driven this hard for 9 months and 14,000 miles now. I suspect the car is not even broken in yet, still drives like brand new. Comfort and driveability is a strong point. I'm a big 6-1 and after a three hour trip behind the wheel, I feel like I've been sitting on my couch relaxing. A lot of thought went into the details, from the way you can configure the fold down seats to auto open for the moon roof. Every button seems to know exactly what you want to do. Gas milage is surprising for a car with this much room (seats five+stuff) 24 around town, almost 30 open road. Turning circle is crazy tight, feels like you can do a U-turn in your garage.

New to Honda
By Rocksmom on 04/03/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a first time Honda owner after trading in my Nissan Maxima for the 2007 CR-V. I don't know if it is because I am only 5'3 but I am having a difficult time with visibility while turning corners and changing lanes. My 2nd issues is mpg, I am a conservative driver but still only managing 21 mpg in town and 26 mpg hwy. The one feature I could not give up was my Homelink system. My dealer installed an Acura mirror with homelink as part of the deal, as well as a rear cargo cover & remote start. I prefer the plush leather seats of the Maxima for long distance driving, but for in town the CR-Vs are fine. I am amazed and delighted at how well the CR-V has handled winter driving.

Love my CR-V
By First Honda Buyer on 04/01/08 22:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first new car. I'm 39 and my old GEO has 198,000 miles on it and thought it was time for a newer one even though my Prizm still runs great, I use it for a work car. When I saw the Billboards CRAVE I was instantly impressed. I had been looking at the 2006 RAV-4 (another awesome car) but decided on CR-V because the styling to me is a little more upscale. Honda and Toyota (what my Geo basically is) have always had great resale value and reliability. I loved the GREEN TEA Metallic and thats what I got. With power everything and 6 airbags, the $20,500 including destination charge (using COSTCO discount) I got a great car for a great price. 30-32 hwy but only 15 city (San Francisco).

True utility car
By hp on 04/01/08 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car on October 2006, It has performed to our expectation. I have rented a U-haul trailer and pulled it from Richmond, VA to Livonia, MI (approx. 1200lbs). We love the adjustable rear seats and back rest. The all-wheel drive system performed well in the Michigan winters. I didn't have to worry about switching the system to 4x4. Lastly, the gas consumption has been good. In the city we average about 24 mpg and on the highway about 28 mpg (70 mph). Driving on the highway at 55-60 mph get me above 30 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.