Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A True Workhorse
By Scott Dimeler

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven the CR-V 55,000 in a little over 2 years. This included about 3,000 miles of towing a trailer a max load. Other than routine maintenance (Oil, new tires, etc.) I haven't had any problems. MPG is about 28 highway / 21 in town. I wash and maintain the car regularly and it looks new. I use a leather conditioner on the seats every month. The leather in the driver seat is showing some minor wear. This car has been outstanding.

Favorite Features

XM Radio Leather seats / Sun Roof

Suggested Improvements

Would like better mileage on the highway.

Happy with Caveats...
By Larry Smith

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I've been happy. Amazing cargo space, comfortable, fun, zippy and good hwy/ok city mileage. My beefs: 1) This thing goes out of alignment too easily although Chicagoland roads are horrible. 12K miles and four alignments! I take the train and my wife works 4 miles from house. 2) Body trim panels are flimsy. Spending $280 to replace poorly designed liftgate trim. Why so flimsy on a "rugged" vehicle. I look at prior models and curse the designer. 3) Paint chips and scratches too easily. I have a 2002 Outback that is wearing like iron and this car replaced a Legacy wagon that I sold for top dollar with 110K in it. I do hope this beast goes the distance like my last Honda Accord.

Favorite Features

Cargo, Interior, Zip, Handling overall quality. Great in winter.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up suspension, improve paint and get rid of all this flimsy trim on the next model.

Room for improvement, but nice
By jaymar

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great little SUV, looks could be improved with front fairing wrap-around bumper (available in Europe). Not good if you need instant response from engine, one time I stepped on the gas and it seemed to take a second or two before it responded, if that is a safety feature it's the most dangerous safety feature on any car, but you get a lot of stuff for the money...

Favorite Features

6 disk CD player, fog-lamps and rear sensors.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of annoying squeak/chine coming from the engine to the muffler pipe due to cheap materials selected for seal ring, engine is too weak for such a heavy car.

Love this Car!
By Helen

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 97 CRV and I really liked it a lot. When the new version came out, I was stunned at how beautiful it was. Nonetheless, I had to shop around, because that'd be crazy to buy the same car again. After looking at everything else on the market, I went back to the 07 CRV and bought it! I couldn't be happier. I love it! (And The green tea color is gorgeous!)

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior. Love navigation and reverse camera. Heated seats. Green tea color.

Never again!
By Honda CR-V

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2004 Honda CR-V, loved it, but it rode rough. Bought a 2007 and it was a much better ride, but I have had problems with it. Initially I was having problems with it starting. The worst thing is it keeps wearing the tires out. I was told by Honda it was in the rear differential. I am on my 3rd set of tires at 50, 000 miles. Honda's solution---pay them almost $1,000 for new tires. The main customer service representative was very rude and discourteous. I will never buy another Honda car and will never recommend it to any of my friends again.

Favorite Features

body design, better ride than older CR-V

Suggested Improvements

tires, rear differential, starter