Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

This Will Be My Last Honda!!!
By jcwouts

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have about 65 km's on it. First off paint quality is garbage, the hatch has been repainted once already because of rust around the license plate trim. The car is full of rock chips, my sister's '05 Civic had the same paint issues! Had the rear diff fluid changed 3 times at 3 diff Honda dealerships as a 'precautionary service'. They refuse to admit there is a problem. RIDICULOUS!! Still makes a noise! Rear pads and rotors replaced at 45km's! Sometimes the car won't even crank over on the first try. My 94 Accord winter beater has 300km's and has never had any serious issues. Honda better wake up and do something fast because they are losing very loyal customers. They lost us!! Time for a Subaru.

Nice ride, good mileage for its size, awesome in the winter with a good set of snows, comfortable interior.

Rear Diff, Customer service, brake design, paint quality - should not have to pay a Honda price tag for poor paint quality.

So-So CR-V
By HondaFan

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my V new in 07'. It's been a good car with it's versatility, roominess and comfortable on trips and great road manners. But it has had some problems; engine replaced, drive pulley replaced, constant high pitched squeal with AC on at low fan speed (found TSB for- let's see if dealer will honor), and several squeaks and rattles. I've owned other Honda's, including a V, which is still in the family w/ 189K miles, but I don't think this one will last as long. I'm def. looking to trade it in already. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy the CR-V, but I would advise not to expect the same longevity as previous Honda models.

Comfortable ride and comfortable seats, stock stereo, AUX jack, space, exterior design, and reclining rear seats.

Either improve gas mileage, or improve power. The vehicle is terribly slow, AND gas mileage is not great. Also, reduce the Torque Management at WOT from a stop. Terrible lag at take off under heavy throttle.

Consumer Beware
By Deb

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for the long haul. What Honda fails to tell anyone is they installed a faulty rear differential and rear suspension and that is why the tires wear out by 20,000 miles. Dealerships and main office refuse to fix this problem and your complaints fall on deaf ears. I'm sorry to say the problem still exists in the newer models as well! I'm dumping this car asap and will NEVER own another Honda again.

Nice roomy interior.

CORRECT REAR DIFFERENTIAL AND REAR SUSPENSION PROBLEMS ON YOUR CRVS!!!

A True Workhorse
By Scott Dimeler

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven the CR-V 55,000 in a little over 2 years. This included about 3,000 miles of towing a trailer a max load. Other than routine maintenance (Oil, new tires, etc.) I haven't had any problems. MPG is about 28 highway / 21 in town. I wash and maintain the car regularly and it looks new. I use a leather conditioner on the seats every month. The leather in the driver seat is showing some minor wear. This car has been outstanding.

XM Radio Leather seats / Sun Roof

Would like better mileage on the highway.

Happy with Caveats...
By Larry Smith

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I've been happy. Amazing cargo space, comfortable, fun, zippy and good hwy/ok city mileage. My beefs: 1) This thing goes out of alignment too easily although Chicagoland roads are horrible. 12K miles and four alignments! I take the train and my wife works 4 miles from house. 2) Body trim panels are flimsy. Spending $280 to replace poorly designed liftgate trim. Why so flimsy on a "rugged" vehicle. I look at prior models and curse the designer. 3) Paint chips and scratches too easily. I have a 2002 Outback that is wearing like iron and this car replaced a Legacy wagon that I sold for top dollar with 110K in it. I do hope this beast goes the distance like my last Honda Accord.

Cargo, Interior, Zip, Handling overall quality. Great in winter.

Beef up suspension, improve paint and get rid of all this flimsy trim on the next model.