2007 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2007 CRV Reliability not what you think
By crvsbad on 09/12/13 09:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRVs have a reputation of high reliability. Actual results from our 2007 model don't back that up. It has an AC Compressor bearing failure at 94,000 that was found by the dealer while it was being looked at for the known AC Compressor clutch problem. Symptom was an unusual noise that came from the engine area that subsided when the AC was engaged. It is quite noticeable during idle. Dealer wants $900 to fix it, plus they charged me $140 just to diagnose it. Way out of whack. It also has a "shudder" which appears to be a transmission failure. You may want to choose a different vehicle.

55k miles, almost 6 years
By jimbo118 on 12/31/12 22:12 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I almost in 6 years of ownership at 55k miles. The original tires lasted me 50k miles. I am still on the original brakes! No complaints about this car, it's fantastic. I've only had one minor problem fixed under warranty. I had a AC that whistled under acceleration. A valve was replace under warranty and that is fine now. This is a great reliable car that gets an average of 24mpg.

Luv my CR-V
By mcash42 on 06/26/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for 3 years and still love it just like the day I bought it. It gets great gas mileage and maintenance is next to nothing. The Honda was my first car that was not an American Vehicle and I love it. It has stood up to grandchildren and trips and still feel like it's new. My next car will also be a CR-V.

Honda 2007 CR-V EX 4 door SUV
By anna on 03/07/10 15:55 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 CR-V in 2007 after doing my research on small SUVs and I found this one was so much better than all of the others out there. The mileage was not what they said it would be and the road noise is heard even with the windows up. I have had it for 2 years and I use it for work and around town travel and at 47,000 miles I have to replace the tires already.

Love it!
By Tammee on 09/02/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd CR-V. I LOVE the new flip up tailgate-that was the only feature I didn't like in our prior CR-Vs. The ride is smooth, it fits all of our stuff. Plenty of storage. I really like the new cover for the cargo area. I also love having a big car feel but small car gas mileage. I don't find any blind spots, I love the instrument panel, very user friendly. We love our Hondas, never had any problems with them. Can't imagine owning another small suv.

Trading up, blast from the past
By Happy Honda Owner on 08/23/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 1995 Dodge Dakota truck for my 2007 Honda CR-V. It's been over a year since the purchase and I'm still very happy. I've owned a 1980 Honda Accord and an 1982 Civic. The CR-V reminds me of the Civic except with all the cool technology, safety equipment, and design upgrades. The handling is very smooth. I can park this thing ANYWHERE! (Unlike my old truck.) I get between 27 and 32 mpg in a mixed highway/city commute 36 miles, 5 days a week(Florida). The mpg meter really lets you see how you are driving. There was obviously a lot of thought put into the interior design of the CR-V. There is storage everywhere. Doors open wider than on other cars. Power plugs everywhere. Buy one!

Nice for a smaller SUV
By Midwest on 06/25/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed it over the past year. It rides well and has tight steering. Brakes are a bit sensitive. The only problem I have had is a burning rubber smell from the rear wheel well on the passenger side when driving through the mountains and have actually seen smoke once. I see others have had the same problem under different road conditions but know one knows why this happens.

2007 CR-V -I'm Like'n it.
By Tabitha on 07/20/07 23:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first crossover/SUV, and I'm lovin the view! Gas mileage is good, average 22/26-28 city/hwy - of course depends on how you drive. Freeway pickup is noticably lacking (it is a 4 cyl!), but once you get past initial on-ramp speed, CR-V drives awesome even going 70-80+ mph. Smooth, feels sturdy, and the handling is excellent. Stiffer handling of Hondas is great, gives more control of auto. Surprised at the power going uphill. Rear hatch is so easy to open/close. Road/wind noise w/closed windows is becoming apparent. Not sure about the automatic maintenance reminders yet. Overall, fun to drive and love the features.

I Just Love It
By roadturtle on 07/08/07 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a Dodge gas hog truck. I love the new larger 2007 CR-V. I am six feet tall, and I have plenty of room. I am averaging 23 mpg with 90% city 10% freeway. It drives sooo easy. Parks easy. I bought the EX. I believe the little extra money for the EX was worth it. I am adding the iPod music link this week. I tried the Kias. No comparison. Honda's quality is awesome.

Great Value
By JC on 07/02/07 08:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First off, it's an ugly car but it's a great car. Function over form is how this car was built. It gets good gas mileage. For those who complain about bad gas mileage, you need to learn how to maximize your mileage. Learning when and how to press the gas and brakes is the difference between 20 mpg and 25 mpg from my experience. Lots of features for the money. Nice interior design. Handling is good, but this causes the ride to be stiffer than normal cars. As a consequence the car stays planted and doesn't float. This is not a car for people who like a sofa ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.