Can't touch dis
By accelv on
2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I drove practically all the competing small SUV's and the CRV came out on top for many reasons: safety, value, economy, reliability, design, and price ($20,300 out the door, including tax!). It's a nearly perfect vehicle, just as good as my previous '98 Odyssey, the top rated vehicle in the 1998 Consumer Reports auto issue. I just wish I could have waited to see the 2007 model. Honda packs a lot of vehicle into diminutive dimensions and has cleverly designed the rear seats to adjust back and forth, recline, split, and fold and tumble forward for massive storage.
Favorite Features
I am averaging 25 mpg around town and I got 29 mpg on a long trip @ 75 mph! Can't touch dis! Judging from my previous experience with Hondas, I won't be visiting my dealership too often for repairs. I feel safe driving with all of the airbags and driver assists. Best bang for the buck anywhere!
Suggested Improvements
Offer a hybrid model. There is no rear bumper. The heavy rear door opens on the wrong side, but 2007 design fixes that. The front end is kinda homely. The front seats are a lil hard and don't slide back enuff. It's a stretch to the radio buttons. Tinted windows should be standard.