Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

wished i would have stayed with ford
By rr

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

has been in shop 11 times in 14 months, 7 trips re brakes alone, replaced rotors and pads front and rear at 18,000 mi, rear axle hub at 14,500 [warped], cv joint front at 38,000, still has vibration, only new car in 25 yr of marriage and we are disappointed beyond words. honda's "TUDE" is "we dont make mistakes, it must be your driving style"plan on replacing this summer

none

more comfortable seats,larger sunroof,better gas mileage

pulling to the right
By roberts

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CRV pulls to the right and sometimes the left. It is not consistent so the dealership says it will be "hard to find". They also said Hondas are built to pull to the right in case you fall asleep at the wheel! I find it very annoying. I also don't like that you can't lock the doors before you get out and shut the door. And as a minor irritant, the door lock's situated so that my husband and I always think it's the window control. I think it should also have daytime running lights. I intend to trade this vehicle in next fall. I owned a CRX for 8 years and totally loved it. Again, these are just my complaints; Hondas overall, I believe, are great vehicles.

safety rating, adjustability of back seats, back door (how it opens), pick- up/speed

daytime running lights, no pulling to the right

Our First Honda-A wise choice!
By Andy

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our first Honda CR-V. We decided on the SE model because of all the options it offered. In general I like the vehicle but I do have some problems with the interior. It has ample power, gets good highway gas mileage, and is very comfortable on long trips. Everything is close to the driver and the steering wheel controls are intelligently placed, although the cruise control on/off switch could have been placed in a better spot. We were able to store tons of luggage for the annual Christmas Trip from Evansville IN to San Antonio Tx. We are very pleased with our investment.

Comfort on long trips, all the room this vehicle offers, the highway gas mileage is excellent, great styling, bulletproof dependability, power and handling, and all the safety and techno features (ABS, Stability Control, Traction Control, EBF, 5 star crash rating).

Road Noise levels could be improved some and the front seats seem to be loose and rattling. The cruise on/off switch needs to be placed in more driver friendly location. City gas mileage could be better. Otherwise, I would buy another CR-V because I simply enjoy this one.

2006 HONDA CRV
By Tom

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2006 is everything I thought it would be and more. Looked at all in its class and no other compares. Got the 5spd manual to get the extra horses from the engine and I'm glad I did. Ride, handling and acceleration are very good. Recommend this vehicle to anyone! Like it better than the 2007.

Ride, roomy, no blind spots, breaking is great.

1st gear is low and this great vehicle needs a 6th gear for highway use. Glove box (too small) and picnic table are a joke. Rear tire makes the vehicle feel longer. Kind of stiff in steering (expected from a mid size SUV) Wife misses the mirror on passenger side. Shifting could be a little smoother.

I look at it in every window I drive by
By Leesa

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 Pilot and enjoy the CRV much more. I feel sporty yet safe with the Realtime AWD. It's white with the window & moonroof visors. I don't have anything bad to say about the vehicle, I love it. Drove it from WV to Mt. Rushmore, SD in July, it was comfortable, dependable, the epitome of sweet.

It's classy style and the way it handles