2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews 11

2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
after 3 months of excessive road noise
By one time crv owner on 04/26/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this 2006 crv lx 2wd in february of 2006 and hated the excessive road noise since the day I brought it home, after only 2000 miles of use, I decided to trade it in for a new 06 civic ex 4 door. I regretted trading in my 05 accord 4 door for the crv it was so much better in build and better mpg and with better insulating materials. Gas mileage was aweful as well. I did all of my california driving on the highway, with little traffic and still averaged only 20 mpg, considering epa is 23 city and 27 highway(what a joke). I have always owned many hondas and will always be loyal to the product but skip the crv if you expect a quiet ride and good gas mileage for a 4 cyl.

Best All Around SUV
By JBrown on 04/26/06 09:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice sized interior for a small SUV. There's plenty of headroom to spare for an averaged sized 6' guy even with the moonroof. Lots of cargo carrying capacity. Car like handling. Good power from the small quiet and smooth running engine. Smooth shifting transmission that's idealy suited to the engine and vehicle. Good fuel economy that's equal to or better than most small cars. I replaced my '99 CRV with this one and I plan to keep it for a long time.

Love my CR-V
By Harriet Watring on 04/17/06 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Got my CR-V in Jan. and recently took it on a road trip and loved the ride. Got 29-30 miles per gal on the trip, but around town only getting 17-18. It is easy to maneuver and fun to drive. I had two previous Hondas, both Civics and love the step up to the CR-V.

Great Mini SUV
By Terry on 04/16/06 17:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoy most everything about this vehicle. The looks, the ride, the standard equipment and a couple more things that I'm sure I missed here.

Very practical
By J&N on 04/12/06 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was sold when I drove my sisters EX automatic. The CRV is very functional and practical. If you’re looking for more interior room this is the car to get. As far as performance the manual is so fun to drive and has a bit more "go power" then the automatic. Honda has such a great reputation for reliability and functionality. I know we will have this car for at least 10 years or more to come.

Best Value for a Small SUV
By John H on 04/10/06 05:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I tried the competition, Honda CRV LX is the top dog, drives like a V6. The CRV has it all comfort, great power, great gas mileage city and highway ave 28 to 30 on a trip. Cruise control is the key. My wife finds it easy to drive. Resell value is another thing in its favor. I recommend it highly!

Very fun to drive!
By jenflinton on 04/03/06 19:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 2006 CR-V for about a month, and I love it! It has the benefits of an SUV, such as sitting up high, but is still compact and easy to maneuver and drive. It handles well and looks great.

5800 Miles and its totaled
By madbaird on 03/30/06 16:44 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I walked away from a crash were a young kid hit me from behind on the passenger side when he was doing around 70 MPH. Side curtain airbags deployed and the driver seat actually broke due to the force of the impact. But I opened the door and walked away with a sore neck and back. The insurance company totaled the CRV. I am going to go buy a new one as soon as I can. Thanks Honda for such a safe vehicle.

Good Decision
By Baloo on 03/29/06 08:25 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was thinking about buying either a Rav4 or a CR-V and decided on the CR-V maiinly because I owned and recently desposed of a 1995 Accord. I'm glad I chose the CR-V. The CR-V is a fun car to drive. It is very nimble and peppy without losing a supple and comfortable ride. The fit and trim is the same quality that Honda is known. The seating is comfortable especially in the rear seat. I purchase the cargo cover and I now have a trunk as large as any I've owned. This is a quality vehicle at a very reasonable price.

Everything 'ADDS UP'!!!!
By rusty on 03/24/06 18:21 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2006 Silver Moss CR-V LX Fwd was three years in coming for me. Had driven some of my family members CR-V's and simply was amazed with its looks, comfort, value, & reliability. With the addition of traction control, vehicle stability control, Electronic Brake force distribution, side air-bags & side curtain air bags, anti-lock brakes, 16" tires and 5 star safety rating for 2006, purchasing the CR-V just made real 'CENTS'! ALL for a selling price of $19,467 with front mudguards and Honda "H" Logo pinstripe, I HAD MY CR-V plus got a 7yr/80K w/ $0 deductible Honda Care Extended Warranty for $680 (other dealers wanted $1,499 for same item). Would highly recommend the Honda CR-V to anyone!