2004 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
love my honda
By taya on 11/18/06 14:25 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned an Oldsmobile Bravada prior to the Honda. I traded in the Olds for the Honda to gain better gas mileage...and what a difference it made, I was averaging 11 MPH in town and 19 on the highway in the Olds...with the Honda I average 22 in town and 25-29 on the highway depending on conditions.

Excellent SUV
By Honda CRV EX on 10/21/06 06:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Incredible all round CR-V in mud, snow, open road. Comfort and dependability 9 plus. Economy 8 plus. Great SUV

2004 Honda CRV EX
By Leo on 09/14/06 10:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent overall smaller SUV. MPG should be better for a 4 cyl. Lacking some power, vehicle should have been a 6 cyl

This vehicle is fun to drive!
By sotexphan on 08/11/06 12:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned Honda's for the past 6 years. I just trader my 3rd Accord for my Green CRV. Now, don't get me wrong, the Accord is the Grand-daddy for sure but I just love my CRV! It is fun to drive, I can fit a lot of stuff in there (especially my bike). We recently went on a trip and could fit everything in the back w/o any problems. It rides great and has a smooth transmission. I like the driving position and there is a lot of interior room especially in the back seat.

lot of car, little money
By isides on 07/06/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car almost two years now and I can say this is best car I've ever owned. I had a 97 blazer before this and I must say the rear leg room is far more than the blazer, not as much front leg room but it's a smaller vehcile. The shifter coming out of the dash takes getting used to but I love the placement now. All around a wonderful car.

Good & Bad
By shawn on 06/21/06 09:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle typically gets rave reviews. I have a few gripes. The interior plastics grow old quickly. Too many rattles and road noise in the cabin. Pluses are a smooth auto transmission, convenient tumble forward rear seats and excellent side panel rubber molding to prevent door dings. My CR-V had a failed drivers seatbelt, replaced free (after waiting a month) and an airbag recall. Very poor MPG- expect 18-19 on average in combination driving. If you're used to driving a sedan this vehicle takes some getting used to. As far as reliability, it has been all Honda-no problems.

CR-V EX
By Andrea on 06/02/06 09:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is so fun to drive! I was hesitant about the 5-speed but that made it even more fun. It is also Honda reliable. No problems so far!

2004 CR-V
By jr on 05/06/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a Tahoe for the CR-V mostly for the better mileage. I'm getting 21 in town and 27-28 on the highway. I plan to upgrade the standard cloth seats to leather because that's what I miss most about the Tahoe. I'm impressed with the sportiness of the CR-V, and I like the ability to customize it with OEM and non-Honda parts.

Love that CRV
By Beth G. on 04/21/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second CRV and fourth Honda. I bought the first CRV model offered in 1997 and turned it in on the 2004 model. Wonderful vehicle. It can haul almost anything a truck can and it's much more fuel efficient. The engine in the 2004 is an improvement....quite peppy. Love the sunroof and raised back seat. I never worry about mechanical problems. It's a Honda. I'll always have one in the family.

CRV from Guatemala
By Julio Galicia on 03/30/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Pretty Good, the only issue is that the EPA numbers do not match with the real life. Mine is doing like 20 or 21. This estimate should include results at different altitudes.