Used 2003 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

So Far So Good
By amanda

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle brand new. Wish it had a little more room in back seat. No major problems so far. Only problems experienced are door actuator on drivers door quit working and now key does not want to fit in door sometimes. Also, sometimes won't start, have to remove key and put in opposite way? Gets GREAT gas mileage though. So far, very dependable.

cr-AvE
By 2Market

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely just love my CR-V! I totaled my 2000 CR-V back in April (negligence on the other side). I had 186,000 miles on my vehicle. I immediately started looking for another CR-V. I found a 2005, and a 2003. Went with the 2003, it only had 42k miles on it. I do not care for the new CR-Vs and know I will not buy one of that style in the future. No regulated spare tire, only a donut. No picnic table (c'mon guys, this was what the CR-V was known for when it first came out). It is time to rethink the CR-V features that we CR-V owners have been know to love so much.

Rack on top. Spare tire on the back. Moonroof (especially). Spacious cargo room for camping equipment. Tire well to store tire when bike rack is hooked up.

Make tire well just a little deeper (if the makers ever go back to the old 2005 bodystyle).

I Still CRaVe my Honda
By Jesse James

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Honda for 5 years and have appx. 97,000 miles on it. I live in/ near Los Angeles and have been everywhere there is a road and no roads in my Honda., the first weekend after I got it we went to Vegas, its been to Laughlin, San Francisco, TJ, Ensenada, Phoenix, Az., it's been up and down dirt roads semi muddy ones too and every time I look at after it's been just washed I fall in love all over again.

Reliability, feels like a compact car when driving, but with the suv room, I have fit a washing machine, small stove, and a dryer, one at a time of course when helping friends move. so its got plenty of room.

More power 6 cylinder? Leather everything power seats, colder air, fog lights, better brakes and tires, and take out the right pull that I ve been feeling recently. Oh power/ heated seats and at least 2 folding chairs for the table. Where am I supposed to sit, on the floor?

Quality slipped a bit
By EABTroy

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Note I also own a 2000 CR-V. Honda improved upon the last CR-V, but they also cheapened it up. Our 2003, bought new, has had more problems than the last 10 cars I have had combined. Alternator, door actuator, two door light switches, carpet is crap, dashboard "plastic" can be visibly scratched with a fingernail, paint is easily chipped. I also understand the A/C should crap out at any time. Honda also still have the 4wd service listed at 100K miles, not 30K like what is required. The dealer has been helpful, but it's unbelievable for a Honda to be like this. Fortunately, my parents got a 2007 CR-V and, suffice to say, Honda learned their lesson!

The interior is HUGE. Our 2003 Auto has more power than our 2000 manual, is bigger, and has more safety gear yet gets only 2-3 MPG less in most driving.

Seat that doesn't start to wobble before the warranties out, overall parts and quality improvement, 5spd auto and refine the drivetrain for better MPG.

Honda CRV A/C Problem
By Unhappy Honda Owner

2003 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We're very unhappy about having to shell out $1,618 for a new A/C system a couple weeks ago for our '03 Honda CR-V. Vehicle hadn't quite hit 70,000 miles and was no longer under warranty. We didn't want to sweat through a hot, humid MN summer without A/C, and dealership wouldn't even consider a trade-in without it being fixed. So didn't feel we had much choice in the matter. Honda evidently covered about $2,200 in parts, and the dealership provided us with a loaner, for which we were grateful, but still a big financial hit when we could least afford it. Very disappointed in Honda quality. Lots of people seem to be experiencing same problem. They need to do a recall.

Recall defective Honda CR-V A/C systems and pay to replace.