1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I love my new car!
By phanieg on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my car (that I purchased from my father, its original owner)for two weeks. I was lucky in that it was in great condition with only 26400 miles! I love how it handles the road and makes driving fun.

It is all that
By Damn good car on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

You can't find a more reliable sedan. This is my 2nd Accord. It's quick, there's no need to pay extra for a V6. After 50K miles, it's done everything well, almost too well, boring even. But hey, you want to get where you're going or no? I would recommend this car NEW to anyone. I would imagine the used Accord is a good bet also. My sister has a 94 Accord EX, 170,000 mi and has only basic maintenance, no major repairs. Get the leather, it's probably easier to clean. You are going to have this car for a long time.

No Regrets
By kjandersen98 on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord EX with 35,000 miles on it from a dealer. Never have I ever second guessed this decision. It was like I bought a new car. I drive 150 miles a day to and from work, and this is the prefect car for anyone who is looking for a car that is sporty (I got the 5-Speed) and comfortible. This Accord is as comfortible on the highway as it is on the backroads. The engine does not scream at all at high speeds, it just provides a great ride, and good gas mileage for it's class. I plan to keep this car as long as I can becuase I have yet to see or hear of anything better out there. You will not regret buying this car.

A dream with two flaws
By Ace Trumper on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I like my 1999 Honda Accord EXVS better than any other I ever owned or even rented or borrowed. I wish it got better mileage, but 28 isn't bad for a V6 with this performance. The only real flaw is that it is possible for my wide foot to depress the brake pedal so far that it also pushes the gas pedal. This caused a minor accident that might have been serious. The dealer says the pedal are normal, and act like it's my fault, but this should not happen in a properly designed car.

All ownership should be like this
By Saintor on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is my second Accord. I purchased the car at the end of my 48 months lease. For what it is, it drives great. It inspires confidence on the road and the car is easy to position even over the limits. An ideal format for me and it is very roomy. I wouldn't be confortable in a smaller car like an A4 or 3-series. I had a few minor issues, but no unexpected out of pocket expense in 110000km. (except the tire jack that crashed with no reason)! Service from dealer (Blainville) is very good. Styling is contemporary and better than average for the class. I can only recommend.

accord
By Elbert on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

one of the best cars I've owned. Only replaced brake pads and normal service approaching 100k miles...

A family car
By DemandEasy on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Like the look inside & outside. Great gas mileage with 25/30 easily. Performance, ride, feel, quality, fuel economy basically hold after 4.5 years in use. Dynamic performance is so so even in new but this type of car is mainly for family use. Overall impression? A solid car with high quality for years - a huge plus for any vehicle. High resale value is the reflection of that. Complaints? Yes. Screw loose type of rattle noise is kind of born with the car and annoying. Trans automatic gear shift is not the best. Engine is occasionally hard to start in cold or raining days.

My review
By canddmeyer on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Fantastic. Two minor complaints otherwise its perfect. When Honda makes a full-sive SUV or pickup as good as the Accord, domestics are in more trouble. Will definitely buy another (wife insists).

Such an Unremarkable car!
By Silver99 on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I'm tired of this thing after only 1 year. I still don't see what all the fuss is about. This car is terrible in cold weather and rain. The engine makes a beautiful sound, but that is about all you can expect from it. The 2.3L probably would scream in a Civic, but is not quite enough for the heavy Accord. The interior just screams cheap. The steering is a loose and shaky, as are the brakes. After a year, I already want to get rid of it. What a boring car.

Great car!
By Don Weston on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My only complaint with this car is road noise. At freeway speeds there is a fair amount of road noise that seems to come from under the car. Other than that, we love this car.