Used 1999 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most reliable car I've ever owned
By Al

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Got this my car back in 2002 w/ 24,000 miles. Now it has over 80k and I'm amazed how reliable this car is. Aside from the required maintenance, the only problems I had is changing the light bulbs, squeaky shocks on the front driver, & annoying rattles in the trunk. That is it, I bought a 5spd so I have non of those trans problems. Thinking of getting a new car, but cant really part w/ my reliable Honda.

Favorite Features

Efficient interior ergonomics.

Suggested Improvements

Relocate odd sunroof switch, better driver seat design-not the most comfortable, low torque-requires constant shifting.

Honda did it right
By Larry

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

The vehicle is fun to drive, very stylish, roomy and confortable. It has excellent view from all sides. Good mileage on the open road. Very spacious inside, and the trunk is large enough to handle large suitcases. Only one computer chip problem in nearly eight years, that the dealer was able to fix.

Favorite Features

Comfort, roomy and stylish.

Suggested Improvements

Dual A/C would be nice, hands free phone capability.

Old Faithful
By chellie88

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This car was my first new car purchase and after six years I am still pleased. I have been grateful as I look back and realize I never spent over $500 for any repairs. There is scheduled maintenance to keep up with but I didn't do all of them and am still blessed with a good performing vehicle.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the body style. How sleek it looks even though it is no longer a new car.

Suggested Improvements

Please provide more leg room in the back passenger area as well as stronger doors for the Texas hail damage.

Adequate
By ssright

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I love Honda. This car is my third Honda. This car is pretty sharp looking, but it fails in performance and reliability. I have the 4-cyl and it is pretty slow in 1st and 2nd gears, a little better after 2nd, but not much. Auto Transmission WILL go out before 125,000 miles, no question. Car currently has 120k on it right now and i've rebuilt the transmission and when that didnt' work, put in a new one. Even the new Transmission shifts a little hard. Lastly, this may be an isolated incident, but my non-power seats have broken 3 times and won't lock into place, so the pass. just slides forward and backward while i drive. Over all nice car, Not as reliable as i'd hoped.

Favorite Features

Great sunroof w/ no leaks. Cold air/hot heat. great radio. Couple looks really sharp compared to the sedan. HUGE trunk.

Suggested Improvements

upgrade the horsepower. I put aftermarket Cold Air Intake and throttle body spacer and it helped some, but still inadequate. Make the back seat more accessible. Use a different factory transmission! Check out new Honda Factory Performance Accord in 04-05 models. now THAT is a good honda.

Honda Magic
By AtlantaGuy

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is the best car ever. We love it and people always comment on it. It's a head turner and fun to drive. This is the 7th Honda we've bought in our car buying career. We just bought an '88 Civic (#8) with 260,000 miles with no fear for our college son. My '90 Accord has more than 300,000 miles and is still running strong. We LOVE Hondas!

Favorite Features

I love the fact that it is mechanically strong and when I do maintainance, it is extremely affordable.

Suggested Improvements

The passenger seat could be a schooch more comfortable, but it's a tiny complaint.