1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Most reliable car I've ever owned
By Al on 04/07/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Got this my car back in 2002 w/ 24,000 miles. Now it has over 80k and I'm amazed how reliable this car is. Aside from the required maintenance, the only problems I had is changing the light bulbs, squeaky shocks on the front driver, & annoying rattles in the trunk. That is it, I bought a 5spd so I have non of those trans problems. Thinking of getting a new car, but cant really part w/ my reliable Honda.

Honda did it right
By Larry on 04/14/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

The vehicle is fun to drive, very stylish, roomy and confortable. It has excellent view from all sides. Good mileage on the open road. Very spacious inside, and the trunk is large enough to handle large suitcases. Only one computer chip problem in nearly eight years, that the dealer was able to fix.

Old Faithful
By chellie88 on 01/28/06 13:25 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This car was my first new car purchase and after six years I am still pleased. I have been grateful as I look back and realize I never spent over $500 for any repairs. There is scheduled maintenance to keep up with but I didn't do all of them and am still blessed with a good performing vehicle.

Adequate
By ssright on 07/13/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I love Honda. This car is my third Honda. This car is pretty sharp looking, but it fails in performance and reliability. I have the 4-cyl and it is pretty slow in 1st and 2nd gears, a little better after 2nd, but not much. Auto Transmission WILL go out before 125,000 miles, no question. Car currently has 120k on it right now and i've rebuilt the transmission and when that didnt' work, put in a new one. Even the new Transmission shifts a little hard. Lastly, this may be an isolated incident, but my non-power seats have broken 3 times and won't lock into place, so the pass. just slides forward and backward while i drive. Over all nice car, Not as reliable as i'd hoped.

Honda Magic
By AtlantaGuy on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is the best car ever. We love it and people always comment on it. It's a head turner and fun to drive. This is the 7th Honda we've bought in our car buying career. We just bought an '88 Civic (#8) with 260,000 miles with no fear for our college son. My '90 Accord has more than 300,000 miles and is still running strong. We LOVE Hondas!

All-Around Awesome Automible
By akid87 on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I must conclude that this automobile is the most incredible thing I've ever driven. It is fun to drive, quite quick, and yet- because of the 4- is incredibly economic on feul. I would recommend this vehicle to anybody who enjoys a fun, fast, exciting ride.

5 Years Later — Still love it
By gdwriter on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Five years after I bought it, I still love this car— and plan to drive it as long as it lasts. That could be a while. Honda builds amazing engines; even with the 4-cylinder, it has plenty of get-up-and go—love it when the V-TEC kicks in over 4,000 RPM. It's comfortable, capable, and completely reliable. I've only had to do regular maintenance—not a single repair. Plus it's sleek and handsome. Best car I've ever owned.

OK Car
By 99 user on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with 20k miles. it now has 95k miles and I am still happy with the car. Outside of normal maintenance and replacement of normal wear and tear items, things have been ok.

Do not believe what you read
By David Dufour on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

In short this car has been completly rebuilt (V-Tec system, ABS system, brakes 2X, power sun roof motor, fan motor, leaks in the trunk) by honda and they have simply been the worse company to deal with. The transmission is now gone, but they refuse to warranty it. I have written letters to Honda with no response. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN. I have owned 7 Honda's and 3 Acura's. I will not make this mistake again.

It's a Great One
By slim on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed owning this car more then any other. It drives like a dream and looks great. Safety test on this car indicate that it is least likely to roll over compoared to others in the same vechile class and performs above the average on crash tests. Other then regular 3,000 mile oil changes and the recommended check ups, I have spent no money on upkeep or maintenance.