Used 1999 Honda Accord LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Still purring!
By Robert

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Well, now what a surprise the ole-girl has 150k on her and looks and drives like new. Do what the maintenace schedule says use only Honda parts! This car has been a delight to me and my wife now for eight years! No mechanical failures only one slightly costly driver side door mechanism hickup. A little pin broke and locked the door permanently. It was real interesting taking the door panel off and cutting the locking mechanism out with a dremel. Total fluke nobodies fault. 32 gpm highway which is most of our driving. Pushes snow with quality snow tires. Love stick shift, changed out the cloth for leather heated for $1400, would do it again. Going to drive her till she dies!

Newly added custom leather seats, spend a few dollars and get the K&M air filter huge difference, also added the Tornado seems to help on in-town fuel mpg. Controls easy to read at night, body style very sharp. Wife feels very safe in foul weather. We will own a new Honda after this one dies!

LX seats in 99 were a little stiff for me, now I customed the interior at 140k and had them add just a little more cushion. Paint mine is white and for some reason it doesn't seem to have enough mil-thickness. Chips easy on the hood, keep it waxed it pays. A lot of places to catch salt wash often

Accord Coupe
By nselvera

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

It's been a great car to have, it rides smooth and feels very well built. It's a great car for the younger crown like myself, there are tons of ways to customize the car any way you want. I threw on a set of 17 inch wheels with low profile tires and it makes it look even more aggressive. overall it's been a great car to own, easy maintenance, nice quality, and great style makes this car a winner.

I love the styling. i also like the maintenance reminder, it tells me when i need to change my oil.

Couldn't have done better
By Florida Hockey Fan

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

For anyone looking for a sporty, stylish, comfortable, affordable, reliable car, this is the one for you. It's got it all. After driving the 4- dr. Accords I came upon the coupe and was hooked. This car is in immaculate shape, the engine purrs like a kitten, and has been a joy to drive. Hugs the road, feels like it's got some weight behind it without feeling sluggish. My friends and family keep going back to Honda and now I understand why.

Love the sunroof, everything is easily reached (even while driving.) Stereo/CD sound is awesome for a 'factory' system. Overall body style is probably my favorite. This car really looks sharp.

Can't think of anything right now... but that air conditioning is TOO COLD sometimes! Which, when in Florida, is a good thing!

Honda accord ex coupe
By JKirk

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is a great vehicle. I feel in love with the LX but could only afford the Ex version. I have not been disappointed. I have had no problems other than: -a seatbelt attachment replacement - a brake sensor needing adjustment - door locks going out Most of these things were covered by warranty. Although I do not have the V6, I still like how this car performs, rides, and looks. After four years, I am still very happy with it and plan to hold onto it for quite a while. It's nice to know that Honda's really hold their value in case I do decide to trade in.

-unique shape of car (other mid size cars often very conservative, but this design is great) -comfort of front seat area (although back seat is pretty small) -nice size trunk and storage areas in front seat -warranty coverage by Honda has been nice.

None.

Surprised by Honda
By 3rdHondacar

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I loved the look of this car when it first appeared back in 1998. I finally bought a pre-owned Accord, a 1999 model, this last year in 2001. I've gotta say, the car looks great in and out (I get compliments often from friends), BUT I've never owned a car with so many rattles. The dash, glove box, and back shelf rattle to no end-- I've attempted the dealer repair route and got nowhere. THEN, the car began stalling: this is an automatic. After FOUR trips to an independent repair shop, they were able to narrow down the cause. It was a lease-return with low miles, so I was not expecting to encounter problems.

Easy-on-the-eye styling. Warm, inviting interior: no odd-ball weirdness for the sake of styling. Smooth, quiet engine. Nice placement of switches and knobs.

Improve endurance; Road noise; everything else is great.