2004 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2004 Sierra2500 4x4 crew cab

2004 GMC Sierra 2500 - Consumer Review

SLT Extended Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

2004 Sierra2500 4x4 crew cab
By rixxster69 on

2004 GMC Sierra 2500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, still getting used to the new front end grill( I liked 99-02 best) I previously owned a 2000 z71 sierra slt. Just bought 2004 SLT 2500 crew cab 4x4. They dont include under the hood courtesy light, they eliminated one of the cigarette lighter power input. the 2004 has 6l vortec which is a huge pig compared to 5.3 vortec in my old 2000. the new computer stuff is pretty cool. I am getting on average 10mpg on the 6 liter, I used to get 18- 19 on the 5.3 motor. The first thing to go will be the air cleaner swap with an Air aid or K&N type of element. dramatic horsepower and fuel economy increases should be expected.

Favorite Features

DVD player, 4 doors,

Suggested Improvements

It seems that 2004 GMC's quality has gone down a bit from my previous 2000 year model truck, gone are many things that I thought would be standard in the newer models, RAM air would be great, more fuel ecenomy, huge Fuel economy difference from 2000 5.3 to 2004 6.0