Its fine
By elcar1 on
2014 GMC Sierra 1500 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)
Strange to read all the horror stories about vibration, clunks, trans slipping. I have a 2014 Sierra V6 WT with the only options of a locking rear differential and a hitch. I crank my windows. Have about 2000 miles on it now. It is quiet, shifts smoothly, rides firm but it is a truck. It is quite powerful if you lay into it, most of the time I don't and it gets 18-19 city. Not sure about hwy yet but indications are it will get the advertised 24 hwy. No rattles or strange noises, actually it is very quiet. I wish it had a better exhaust note. You have to turn down the radio and concentrate to feel it go from V6 to V4 and back. The reg cab lighting could be better.
Favorite Features
Well finished inside and out. Great factory undercoating on frame and brake lines. Mileage is phenominal for the size of it.
Suggested Improvements
Full size trucks have gotten to be too high to step in and out of, and to reach into the bed. This trend needs to reverse. Cab interior lighting could be better. Radio comes on automatically (muted or not muted depending on how it was when you shut the truck off) and there is no programming option to defeat it.