1999 GMC Sierra 1500 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 1999 SLE 1500 Sierra GMC

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 - Consumer Review

SLE Extended Cab Pickup (4-speed Automatic)

1999 SLE 1500 Sierra GMC
By traceylynn on

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my GMC in 2003, it had 52,000 miles, the first time I drove it, I loved the power from behind the wheel. I love this truck. Mechanic tried to tell me that it didn't have a 4.8,lol, so I had to prove it to him. This is an excellent truck and very reliable. Today it has 117,000, and you can't even hear it run, she purrs like a kitten. I have always driven a GMC, and always will.

Favorite Features

I love the way the truck looks from the front. I hope they never change the style.

Suggested Improvements

My Hinges that hold my tailgate on are rotted out. I have had to replace the window motor on both windows. Handles that open the doors have both fallen off. I had a bad coil that just had to be replaced. Rust just starting around the back wheel wells. Dirt and water hold inside the frame around the wheel wells, and thats why it started ro rust, I cleaned it out and sprayed a rubber to stop it from rusting any further. I love my truck I see newer trucks all the time, I would never get rid of my truck. Its my Baby.