Used 2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Acadia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Worst GM Car Ever and Last
By gmfannomore

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this Acadia new off the dealer's lot at the end of 2010 and thought I got a great deal. It now has 70K miles. Between recalls and service bulletins it's been in the shop close to 15 times. Since December alone, it's been in 5 times. First, for a Service Bulletin to replace a timing chain, then every two weeks since for some other trouble code or fault. GM should be ashamed to have their logo on this car. I've asked for a full refund due to the failure of the engineering not living up to the "Professional Grade" motto, but been laughed at. I've been a GM fan for 40 years and am now selling everything GM I won because GM has failed to make this right. Never again.

At least the ignition switch works.

a crusher would be appropriate, but piece by piece, the Engine timing chain,Engine mount, AC lines, brakes, Injectors, o2 sensors. catalytic converter, door latch, AC control buttons & suspension all failed and need to be re-engineered. none of these parts are what I would consider Professional Grade. They aren't even kindergarten worthy.

GMC Acadia unreliable
By gulfking2

2010 GMC Acadia SLE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased used 8/2013. 25,000 miles. We have had two recalls and one power steering pump failure notice. My steering felt like manual steering like the gmc letter described. Dealership and gmc agreed that my power steering boot tips broke and all power steering fluid leaked which caused my pump to seized. They didn't pay for my repairs. Lastly my driver side power window doesn't work and dealership technician told us the motor sometimes jams and to slam the door but not to hard to fix the problem and it works to my disbelief. I regret buying this car and hate all the problems and money it has cost during my 14 month of owning. I have 50,000 miles.

Build a more reliable car. I love my honda and hate that I can't get a more reliable car from GMC.

Biggest car mistake of my life!
By skippy99

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 Acadia for my wife. It had 56,000 miles on it when purchased. Could have bought a Mercedes SUV for the price. The problems I've had with it have been unbelievable! Windshield leak damaged radio and A/C fan (window apparently always leaked), Power steering failed TWICE in 10k mi. $1600 to replace a power steering pump! A/C failed due to hose rubbing against chassis. Transmission shift issues. Brake issues. It gets 14 MPG (same as my old 6.0 liter Yukon XL), you need a mirror to see the fuses, and in order to replace a headlight bulb, you need to remove the inner fender (wheel well) skirt! Awful, Awful engineering design. Don't do it! Seriously, don't!

Wife thinks the bucket seat arrangement makes the back seat roomier. Seats are comfortable.

Transverse engine makes this car very difficult and expensive to work on. ($1600 to replace a $175 power steering pump because you have to remove the exhaust!) The car has dozens of design flaws. Memory seats only come in SLT-2 version because the memory module is part of the system computer instead of the seat like most non-GM cars. The car was designed to force you to go to the dealer for everything...even changing a light bulb!

GMC Dealer near richmond VA
By unhappyperson

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I do love my Acadia however just recently I had to move to Guam (military). Before I left I called my dealer & asked if my Acadias extended warranty was going to be good. They said yes & have a safe move. Since then my acadia has been having powersteering issues. I called the dealer & they didn't even bother calling the company to see if they would honor the warranty even though guam is a us territory. They haven't called me to see if they could do anything. Basically they took my extended warranty & ran with it. Now I'm going to have to pay out of pocket because GM hasn't come out with a recall even though lots of customers have been having the same issue. I won't purchase another GMC

GMC is an American company and I don't see them staying that way when they are putting out crappy dealers and vehicles. I have owned a couple of GM vehicles and this is my last unless they can do something for me. Its sad that my family members use to work for GM (retired) and won't even purchase their vehicles. GM workers get very good incentives but they won't purchase the vehicles because they know what they put out. Very sad. I wish I would've watched them instead of thinking I was getting a great deal. $52,000 and owned two yrs down the drain. i could've spent that and had a honda forever.

No longer impressed
By memery0913

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Initially issues started out as minimal: back up camera malfunctioned. On day scheduled to be replaced sat in the waiting room for two hours to be told didnt have part; paint on hood started bubbling up b/c of rust. Fixed it no problem/complaint; Issue with brakes, waited over two hours (with infant) to be told they had to keep it; Service airbag light has been on 2x in last month. On 2nd attempt ordered part, but didnít tell me without being questioned. At 35979 had full service check and told car was in full working order. At 36102 car seems to continue to run after key is out of ignition.

I do find this car to be very comfortable, and perfect size for my family. I loved this car (it was my favorite car ever owned) until I became a frequent visitor to the dealership.

Most of the issues Ive had have been easily fixed, aside from taking my time from work. However, everything has been under warranty. With that said, concerned that I have had this many issues with a car hasnt reached 37,000. It doesnt bode well for the future of repairs needed on this vehicle NOR my continued patronage of the GMC brand.