2002 Ford Ranger 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2002 Ford Ranger

2002 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCab (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

2002 Ford Ranger
By 2002 Ford Ranger on

2002 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2002 Ford Ranger since August 2002, and overall I am extremely happy with my purchase. I don't know why so many of the automobile trade magazines and even you Edmunds put down the Ford Ranger as being obsolete! I compared the Ford Ranger against the Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, and Chevrolet S-10 at the time and I choose the Ford Ranger. My Ford Ranger has been reliable 100% of the time. It is easy to do the routine preventative maintenance. The price was right. I get better gas mileage (28 mpg in town driving and 34 mpg highway driving) than what the sticker showed for estimated expected MPG. If I were to buy another truck, I would definitely buy a Ford again.

Favorite Features

I like the gas mileage (28 mpg in town driving and 34 mpg highway driving) because it is even better than the sticker showed for estimated expected mpg. And the price was right. I also liked the sales service that the Ford dealer gave to me.

Suggested Improvements

I would probably buy an automatic the next time when I buy another Ford truck.