2008 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Good, but not trouble free

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good, but not trouble free
By cdj on

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

3 months and 2000 miles and we're happy car, especially with the mileage. Very surprised by the quite ride with one exception. A noise from an unknown source developed at about 1200 miles. Dealer replaced the fuel pump, but the noise remains. Apparently Ford engineers are aware of and investigating the problem so I'm not the only one having it. No solution yet according to the dealer. Iím a little leery as we discovered a suspension problem in the first Focus we took for a test drive. Itís a nice car, but my 3 Hondas and 4 Nissans have never had problems with so few miles. If not for this unknown problem I'd be very happy with the amount of car we got for the money.

Sync, steering wheel mounted radio controls, quiet ride, mileage and info center

Cancel button on cruise control, better lumbar support in seats, rear headrests. 1 cup holder in the back seat? Whose bright idea was that? Finally, rear floor mats that are actually big enough for my small feet.