Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 252 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Where's the spare
By Frank

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car though I don't like low profile tires. I was not happy at all when we got a flat. Opened trunk to find a oversized flat repair kit, the type you whould find at an auto store only bigger, Ford you can do better than that

Not the flat tire kit

A doughnut would be nice

love it but nervous
By stacey

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car with 34,000 miles on it. It looks amazing but lately I've been noticing it drives funny. Like its stuck halfway between n and d. But it's not. Kinda chugs sometimes when accelerating and after reading some other bad reviews I'm a bit nervous. I had the problem with the door not opening from the outside. It was covered under warranty thankfully. And I'm praying my tires don't go as fast as some others I've read about. I just bought 4 new tires. Very expensive. But overall aside from my nervousness of what lies ahead for it. I am very happy with it at the time. I'd recommend the 2008 Focus.

chrome handles and detailing, moonroof, blue lighting.

louder stereo!! fix tire and chugging issues and whatever else like that.

Great car
By david

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car new had it 2 years now not one thing has gone wrong. Everyone seems to be going through tires 52,000 and same tires on it and still have a lot of tread great car. I'm a auto tech for 26 years take care of it and it will last.

passing gas stations

none right now

2008 Focus ses
By Jon Baumbach

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car, great gas mileage, plenty of power, fun to drive, blower speed switch replaced, front brake pads too hard you can feel them through the brake pedal, road noise from tires ( Pirelli brand ), no handle to close trunk lid, no dome light for back seat.

Sync system, average gas mileage readout on dash, moon roof, ambient lighting, auto dim rear view miror, heated mirors

Quieter ride, handle to pull down trunk lid, dome light for back seat, cover underside of rear window deck in trunk

Focus eats tires
By JJ

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car, except that I have had the rear tires replaced once, and they're shot again. Dealer is telling me it needs an alignment. I'll see if that works. The rear tires keep getting cupped. Also, the car is dangerous to drive in snow; the rear does NOT want to follow the front. Perhaps that is also alignment- we'll see next winter. When it was going to snow, I drove my gas drinking pickup truck. Not everybody has that option. Other than that, and the headrests designed by the Marquis De Sade, I love the car. Great mileage; I'm all expressway, and a lead foot- 33-34 mpg at 75. On a road trip the car pushed 38. Nice.

Good power, mpg, decent ride. Nice looking car.

Fix rear suspension issues! Get adjustment in the headrests to get my chin off my chest. Hard to drink a pop the way it pushes your head forward.