2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Very happy!
By Very happy! on 05/20/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got in new and have had two problems, a rear suspension squeak from the rear e-brake cable and sync usb connection problem. With 20,000 miles still have original tire and have not had any alignment issues. I just rotate and balance them every 5000 miles, they still have 6/32 of tread! Average 32 mpg. Rear leg room tight, interior plastics soft and scratch easily, rear door panels do not have cloth lie the front do, rear trunk release inside the cabin would be nice, trunk spare tire cover flimsy slides around and stuff falls below it. Just a few things i have noticed.

2008 Ford Focus SE - Nightmare Car!
By stargold6480 on 05/15/10 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this heap of junk new. Transmission problems started in February. I have 28,000 miles and it won't stay aligned, eats tires, brakes and rotors. Under warranty, but dealer doesn't want to fix it. Dealer replaced it with a worn-out one from a wreck. Now it's having transmission problems again. Wanted to take it on a trip this morning, wrench light came on and car hesitated and shifted really hard into gear. We're getting another car and saying forget this one. Worst car I've ever owned. Never again!

Where's the spare
By Frank on 05/07/10 16:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice little car though I don't like low profile tires. I was not happy at all when we got a flat. Opened trunk to find a oversized flat repair kit, the type you whould find at an auto store only bigger, Ford you can do better than that

love it but nervous
By stacey on 05/04/10 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car with 34,000 miles on it. It looks amazing but lately I've been noticing it drives funny. Like its stuck halfway between n and d. But it's not. Kinda chugs sometimes when accelerating and after reading some other bad reviews I'm a bit nervous. I had the problem with the door not opening from the outside. It was covered under warranty thankfully. And I'm praying my tires don't go as fast as some others I've read about. I just bought 4 new tires. Very expensive. But overall aside from my nervousness of what lies ahead for it. I am very happy with it at the time. I'd recommend the 2008 Focus.

Great car
By david on 04/19/10 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car new had it 2 years now not one thing has gone wrong. Everyone seems to be going through tires 52,000 and same tires on it and still have a lot of tread great car. I'm a auto tech for 26 years take care of it and it will last.

2008 Focus ses
By Jon Baumbach on 04/17/10 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car, great gas mileage, plenty of power, fun to drive, blower speed switch replaced, front brake pads too hard you can feel them through the brake pedal, road noise from tires ( Pirelli brand ), no handle to close trunk lid, no dome light for back seat.

Focus eats tires
By JJ on 04/09/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car, except that I have had the rear tires replaced once, and they're shot again. Dealer is telling me it needs an alignment. I'll see if that works. The rear tires keep getting cupped. Also, the car is dangerous to drive in snow; the rear does NOT want to follow the front. Perhaps that is also alignment- we'll see next winter. When it was going to snow, I drove my gas drinking pickup truck. Not everybody has that option. Other than that, and the headrests designed by the Marquis De Sade, I love the car. Great mileage; I'm all expressway, and a lead foot- 33-34 mpg at 75. On a road trip the car pushed 38. Nice.

P.O.S.
By Meredith on 04/08/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At about 35,200 my car started "shuddering" really badly and began acting like it was going to stall while in park or at a stoplight. I took it to the dealership immediately (Covert Ford) as it was still under warranty. Strangely, they could not find anything wrong with it. The problem is still there and gets gradually worse everyday. Today, at 36,400 miles, my check engine light came on, so it's going back to the dealership first thing in the morning.

Hate It
By wichita kansas on 03/29/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What is it about the tires? Very angry on the third set of tires, not the most comfortable car actually awful! Never, never would I buy another one!

Typical bad Ford Transmissions
By Mark on 03/28/10 07:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new, at 15,285 miles, complete transmission overhaul, 20,056 miles complete transmission overhaul again. The car is fantastic, but the transmissions are (from what I hear) typical of Ford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.