Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2008 Ford Focus SES auto loaded
By mkrahn

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this loaded SES which is black/black with all options heated leather etc back in December 2008 used, with only 5000 miles on her for only $13,500.00. She listed for around $21,000.00 new. I did my home work as far as price, value, etc. She now has 45K as of 5-14-11. No problems what so ever. The only thing we have done so far as changing the oil and rotating the tires.

MPG! my wife and I average around 32-34 mpg all the time with mixed driving city and highway. The best we got was driving 55 mph which was 39 MPG. All the extras we have are very nice to have heated leather seats, sync, moon roof, etc. We plan on keep her for awhile with the price of gas gas always going up you need something that gets this many miles per gallon.

The ride could be a little rough at times if going over pot holes etc, but then again its a small car so you would except that, but still it would be nice to have a little more comfort on those long trips down the highway.

Great car
By albie

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great little car, bought it with 65 miles in it, now has 51,000. No problems at all, oil change every 4,000. miles, second set of tires at 35,000 miles got cheap ones from walmart, still handles great, no problems at all, will but new one, when I get it payed off.

40 plus mpg on highway..

bigger cup holders

At 30 K starting to get worried
By UH oh

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 1st us car but took the plunge. At 1st noticed the acceleration seemed off but I figured perhaps this was an us car thing (hesitation&jump). At 20 k tune up was told the transmission fluid was low (hmm). At 30 k tune up asked them to check transmission & said acceleration led 2 hesitation (bad 4 hwy merging) gears were fixed under warranty. Noted raw gas odor and rotten egg odor abt 10x in yr in stop/start city traffic. Listened to svc mgr mumbo abt computers&catalytic converters reconfiguring then he mentioned other complaints about the rotten egg smell. Sounds like bad computer programming 2 me? Will this last 20 yrs like my Nissan or Toyota? Hmm. I pray to the ceo at Ford. Help.

lots of cute things and hi tech stuff that doesn't help reliability which is all I care about. Gas mileage pretty good so far.

car trunk open button.Better materials on gears and transmission? A longer warranty on the transmission w/ no increase in price?

Great small car
By howard

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great small car. Fun to drive, great gas mileage and well made. We have the manual transmission and it is very smooth. The only thing I miss is another way to open the trunk aside from the key fob. We had no problems and just change the oil. We would buy another one.

Sync and great fuel mileage. It has reached 35 MPG, but usually about 30- 32 city and highway. It's quiet too!

A release for the trunk other than just the key fob.

Quality Control
By SteveKrause

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car from the beginning had problems, I have taken the vehicle in for window problems the carpet from the beginning would not stay under the door trim piece. I always hear noises from the front end until one day the transmission goes out. I have read other reviews of the same problems.

The gas millage is nice it got 35 mpg however if you figure the cost of new transmission gas mileage does not go that far.

Get a better quality control.

• SUV