2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Nice Car with no suspension
By dmustang on 04/30/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since 1/1 and had nothing but problems with the front suspension. This car has very weak front springs especially the right side bottoms out with every bump in the road, inclined driveways forget about it. The front underside has taken a beating with such a weak suspension. Has been in the shop numerous times but to no avail(so far). Dealership has replaced front strut, aligned it and reposition a strut also to rid itself of a loud popping noise on the left front side. Will go back in the shop next week. Springs are so weak I can compress them with a single hand Fuel mileage I find above average, great dash and readouts, comfortable seats(do not spill on them).

Way better than expected gas mileage
By Carl on 04/29/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

WRT fuel efficiency: On my 3rd tank averaged 39mpg ( by miles/gallons to refill) on mostly town/rural roads. Best trip was about 40 miles distance, 2/3 of it on Interstate 95, getting 45mpg. Understand, I drive very conservatively, trying to keep tach below 2k. On the interstate it's 55- 62 mph. I watch the average mpg very carefully, resetting on each trip to maintain sensitivity to moment to moment driving behaviors. Accelerate very gradually. As warm weather comes in, mpg has improved on the shorter trips. If I am in the least bit of a hurry, gas efficiency drops 20% - without fail. BTW, I have the automatic transmission.

Good Compact Car!
By Rich on 04/29/08 09:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We are big "researchers" when making a car purchase. We looked at all the compact cars on the market in terms of price, reliability, styling, etc. For the money, the Focus was the best. It is fun to drive, nice styling, roomy, and so far, very reliable. Also good gas mileage.

Glad I bought the Focus & not the Corolla
By Roger on 04/26/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving a big Honda Odyssey and getting 18MPG all around driving. I am getting a little over 30MPG on this new Focus and I love the way it handles. Where you turn the wheel is where it goes, great little car from Ford and just a couple little add ons would be nice. I miss the garage door opener in the visor & the automatic temp control, otherwise great care.

Best car can't go wrong
By Chris on 04/26/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car, great gas mileage, fun to drive, basic but really nice interior. Very good suspension takes corners and bump really smooth. When I first got the car I drove everywhere for the weekend and still had a half of tank left. The radio control is nice, also says the name of the song artist for cds, and very good sound quality for the aux line in. Love this car

Lovin' it!
By Crystal on 04/26/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just downsized because I travel via hwy extensively and wanted less car expense each month. After too much research, I landed in this Focus and love it! In some of the other downsized cars I test drove, I felt downsized. I wanted to save money, but not comfort. With the Focus SES, I am saving money and have most of the comforts of my previous car plus Sync and Sirius. I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

Big Guy, Little Car
By sparkman7x7 on 04/25/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 500 miles each week to work, with high gas prices I needed to get a more mielage friendly vehicle. I looked at; sat in and drove VW's, Honda, Hundai, KIA, Toyotas, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan. I'm not a little person 300 lbs. 6 ft. (maybe a little round; 61 don't bend like I used to) I don't fit in many small cars, that's why I had an Explorer. We stopped to check out the Focus wow! I had no Idea! It's roomy, very classy, leather, has power, great price, lots of extras, and looks great! It has cut my gas bill in half! Mileage around town 31.5MPG! 35 to 37MPG on the hiway! Hooks up to my cell for hands free phone use; 4 weeks now fantastic

Excellent value
By george on 04/25/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We recently had to buy a new car for my wife to drive to work - about 50 miles per day, round trip. Due to Ford incentives I saved $2500 off sticker I paid $13,733 for an S version with automatic, ABS with traction control and, if you can believe this, a spare tire ($60.00). The sticker was $16,255. One savings was a $1000 "Conquest Rebate". That's given to people who own cars from competing brands. We own an 06 Corolla so we got it. Toyota had basically no incentives and a comparably equipped Corolla was going to cost me more like $15,900. A comparably equipped Civic was going to cost more than the Corolla.

What a solid car!
By toyota tech on 04/24/08 19:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First off I have been a Toyota master tech for 8 years. I drive cars all day long and I must say I drove the 2008 Ford Focus and was totally amazed at how quiet, great handling, steering and smooth shifting. I bought this car due to having the best of everything, tons of options not even offered from Toyota better price (even with my discount). The car has the same technology under the hood as a Toyota and beats it hands down. Thanks Ford, great job!

Adorable Car for the perfect price!
By Eleshia on 04/21/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am absolutely in love with this car! It's adorable and fun to drive. Handles great on small, curvy roads. Grabs a lot of attention from other drivers. Gas mileage has been improving since I bought the car (with only 42 miles on it.) It's up to an average of 25 mpg. Features and add ons are fun. Audiophile sound system sounds sweet and precise. Ambient lights add a little extra to the somewhat bland interior. I love the moonroof. Also, back seats are extremely roomy and comforable for a small coupe. Huge trunk space even with a subwoofer!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.