Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Good choose
By smitty

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We like our Focus. The mileage is 41 highway & 30 city, very good for an automatic. Have a squeak in suspenison is hand brake cable in hanger in front of rear axle. Ford has a fix a new grommet. We think it is a very good buy for the price. Looked at Toyota, Nissan, Vibe, Mazda

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Handles well. Seats sit up much higher than other models

Suggested Improvements

Inside trunk unlock

Nice little car for the money!
By Laura from SF

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nearly bought a used Corolla for my daughter after her Accord was totaled (not her fault). I am so glad I checked the newspaper and saw the great rebates Ford was offering, this car cost less that than the Corolla and had so much more to offer in terms of gadgets and safety features. The performance is quite peppy and have not has any issues since purchased. The car is cute and turns a lot of heads, they always ask what it is and are pleasantly surprised to find out it's a Ford. I feel comforatable with my daughter driving back and forth from college with this car. It's got six airbags. I enjoy driving it too, when I get the chance.

Favorite Features

My daughter enjoys all of the gadgets, trunk space is good for a small car. Good mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Interior trunk release would be nice!

Cool Little Package
By J. Stiles

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Love to drive it when I can get it away from my wife. Excellent mileage. Good performance for a 2.0 litre. Styling turns heads and gets compliments. The toys inside rock. It's a total 21st century rig. Lots of room for the size of the vehicle. Overall, we love this car.

Favorite Features

Mileage, driveability, and styling

Suggested Improvements

Minor negatives: Sun visors very flimsy and weak. No inside trunk release. No shoulder belt adjustment.

Cost average with gas versus my Expedition
By Tnerb

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I'm pleased with the car. I purchased it with the thought that I would cut my fuel consumption for my Expedition. Gas was $4.25 when I bought. I took a trip to Carlsbad caverns and also to the Grand Canyon, my weekend trip was in excess of 1300 miles. My dislike: Radio has an XM button I'm unable to add XM to the radio or any of the Sync options, there is no upgrade other than going to a higher cost on the vehicle. Cruise control: Engineers this is a gas miser add cruise? No spare, yes you save weight, break down in the desert New Mexico see if you walk out. No aftermarket, no cruise, no radio and who knows about a spare. Other than that I like.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Add spare or donut tire, break down in New Mexico and the engineers testing it won't walk out in 120 degree heat. Add cruise to low end models this is a gas miser help us suckers who have taken a $20K hit on or Expeditions and pickups. Radio and sync add to all the cars no matter the model

Great Mileage
By fred

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving a Ford 250 4X4 diesel and when fuel got to 5.25/gallon bought a Ford Focus SE loaded for beater car and love it. Tried Toyota, Altima, and prefered the Focus. Great car for price.

Favorite Features

Sync, trunk space, mileage, and lighting.

Suggested Improvements

Side air ducts are tacky and need inside release for trunk also have trunk open father.