Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Handling Car!
By Tommy

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Focus in August 06 and it has impressed me so far. Handling and power is impressive for a car under $18K. Very comfortable for a small car.

The torque, brakes, suspension and the shifter. Also enjoy the 6 disc in dash cd player.

Offer a Turbo or Supercharged option to round it out to about 220 horses.

Good, but...
By economicat

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very useful family car. We chose a wagon instead of an SUV so my small kids could get in and out easily on their own. The problem is that there are no rear headrests, so my children (4 & 8) will soon outgrow this car and we will have to replace it. The heated mirrors and seats work great and the care gets decent mileage. It will make strange noises if gas falls below a quarter tank, so beware. Sometimes the start is a little jumpy, but not really that bad. Fully loaded, it is an affordable alternative to the $35K+ we would have spent on another wagon, with as much rear room as a midsize SUV.

Moonroof; heated seats and mirrors.

Add headrests in back seats; allow rear bench cushion to split; more cupholders in back

Just a Great Little Car
By Bobby V

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car mainly as a commuter, but found out it's also a great road car. Handling, quiet & comfortable says it all. Only had for 4 months, but all indications including reliability look very good. Saved a bundle compared to competition. Very good ergonomics, easy new car to get used to. I think mileage will improve with age. We drive a very (25 mile) winding and twisty road to work and back, and trust me, this car is the one you want to be in. ABS, and side air bags were a must, as should be in all vehicles. We love our Outback & minivan, but this one is really a hoot to drive. If you're a DRIVER, and love to DRIVE check it out. Oh, and you will smile all the way to the BANK!

Handling, great looks, ergonomics, Loaded with extras as standard equipment. It's "Just a Great Little Car".

More refinement would be nice. But then I guess they would charge another $5000, like the competition. So be it. The interior quality is very livable, believe me. More cubbies would be nice.

Kudos for Ford
By Nookarr Beier

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Being thrifty and practical, I researched extensively before buying. The Focus wagon is what I was looking for, and I have been greatly pleased. Averaging 34 mpg (should be 40 in my opinion), lots of cargo space, good comfort features, more power doodads than I care for, comfy seat. I replaced a Corolla wagon with it. While not a Corolla, it's a very good car. I like the ride - suspension carries me across unpaved roads, construction sites, etc. without jarring. I've done high-speed highway driving with passengers as well. No real complaints, but good praise.

PZEV. The extremely low emissions rating of this car was the clincher. While the hybrids have better fuel economy, their emissions are the same as the Focus sold in the California-compliant states. For the cost difference and practicality, I go with the Focus. Also, comfort, ride, looks.

Rear-view visibility needs improvement. Ford should make this a hybrid. While fuel economy is better than most cars, it should be even better. Driver's window is too high and the plastic is hard - makes it uncomfortable to rest my arm on it. Dome light lingers after shutting the door - annoying.

$12000? Can't go wrong
By livforvaca

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 6 months any new car is just "a car". This one does everything you need, especially at $3 a gallon. I'm 6'2" and fit in it great. The air is cold, stereo is fine and $250/month with $500 down is great. I wanted a Charger RT but my payment would have been $600/month. You figure it out!

The trunk. It's more than good for a car this size.

More single options. I wanted power door locks, period. I didn't want a package to get them.