2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Value in the Compact Class
By Brad on 01/27/06 20:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a lot of fun driving this car. The handling and ride of this car rival my wife's Honda Accord (no kidding). I test drove the new Honda Civic, new Toyota Corolla, and a new Suzuki Forenza. The Focus had the most headroom, the most comfortable seats, and the best road manners. The interior is well laid out with all of the controls within easy reach. On the highway the engine noise is quieter than expected. The engine doesn't sound too hurried even at speeds around 70 mph. The car tracks straight and is very responsive to steering input with the short wheelbase. Braking feels solid, even with drum brakes in the rear. I am getting just over 27 mpg with mixed city/highway driving.

ZX4 ST a cool car
By joe scaramuzzo on 01/26/06 11:47 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It was easy to buy, fun to drive.

Ford Focus 4 door s Automatic
By Eugene R. Dawson on 01/25/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Steering and ride exceptional for a compact car. One of the most fun to drive cars in its class. Gas mileage about 33 mpg. Overall one of the best compacts available. Drive one and you will see what I mean.

My Focus
By Ron Holmes on 01/08/06 18:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2003, 2004 and a 2006 Focus. I have enjoyed driving each one. I also own a Ford 500 and it sIts in the garage most of the time. The Focus is a fun car to drive.

fun spirited small American car
By Jeff on 01/08/06 14:17 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The automatic transmission has perfect shift points and quick response from throttle input. The steering feels nimble with good road feel. The ride is firm, but not harsh. No squeaks, rattles or wind noise heard so far. Fit and finish are above average. The seats could use a little more support for lower thighs.The SES model seems to be well worth the extra cost over base models.

My new favorite car!
By Raymond Brock on 01/05/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car about 3 days ago, and I absolutely love it. I traded in a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am that had only 50000 miles on it and was already trying to quit on me. It had brake problems from the get-go and the alternator was shot. This new Focus makes me see why I started out with Ford in the first place, and now I'm back where I belong.

Pleasantly surprised
By Steve on 12/31/05 05:09 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Focus with the expectation of a decent car with nothing spectacular to offer due to the low price. I have been amazed with its performance thus far, much better than I expected. Even the little 2.0 has some muscle behind it. I'm enjoying this purchase more and more each day.

Ford Focus S w/automatic
By Bill on 12/21/05 23:50 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the Focus Saturday and am impressed with it. The pick up for a small four cylinder is decent. The feel of the car is solid, the ride a little like a buckboard, but all small cars are like that. The car responded great when merging on the highway. Was surprised at the quality feel and no noise, no rattling from an engine that I thought would be straining.

Everything great so far except ...
By David Leyden on 12/11/05 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel Economy - PUTRID! Supposed to get 26 mpg city driving and so far only getting 18, if I'm lucky. True, only have 800 miles on the car so far and the engine break in period is not over and I do have a heavy foot and it has been freezing here in New York but I'm getting about 170-180 miles for 11.5-12 gallons (city driving). Don't think it should be that bad. I'll see how it is after 2000 miles.

A Focus ... Who Would Have Thought
By Becca on 11/29/05 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It was between the Corolla-S, and a Focus ... and the Focus won my heart. Who would have ever thought a Focus to be worthy of such praise. It is a fun little car to drive around, and compared to my truck I used to have, the gas mileage is awesome!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.