Used 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-350-super-duty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

350 PSD 4x4
By bill10

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my every day and long distance travel vehicle. Been coast to coast, Florida to Alaska in it. Love it, comfortable, quiet, I will get another some day. Been in lots of remote places with it. No worry. Does mountains with a heavy load. I don't fear Dodge or Chevy going up a long hill. Ford does have the fastest 0-60 time. One new feature I didn't have on the last diesel is a bad fuel warning light on the dashboard. It's simple to drain the water and trash from the fuel before it ever gets to the engine. It saved me a lot of trouble several times.

Favorite Features

1. POWER! 2. The fuel water and trash separator before the fuel filter.

Suggested Improvements

Air ride I added for heavy loads. Better back up lights.

F350 King Ranch
By Fordzilla

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I tow a 40' 5th wheel with it about 30% of the time and use it as a daily driver in the bad weather. No problems what so ever. Dealer has treated me right the whole time of ownership.

Favorite Features

Great seats with the King Ranch Leather. I wipe them off with a clean towel about once a month and condition them at the same time. Still looks brand new.

Suggested Improvements

Better stock tires from the factory. Have about 25k on the Goodyears and they will not last through the winter here in Iowa.

Honest Opinion
By Jason

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XLT 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I really like this truck, however I continue to have a large number of nagging problems. My steering/brake pump went out at 6000 miles, my auto-locking hubs went out shortly after that, and now it's back in the shop for a massive leak (power steering fluid). The leak may be related to poor workmanship on replacing the pump, but the dealer assured me that the mechanic with 22 years of experience who replaced the pump was the best around. I know vehicles will have minor problems, but when you are in the shop three times in the first 10,000 miles, you begin to wonder.

Favorite Features

Size is very nice and power is great.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to improve the quality control of their vehicles before they let them out of the factory. Obviously there was a breakdown in QA/QC with my truck.

Love My Truck
By FordEquestrian

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat Rwd LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I absolutely adore my new Ford Super Duty, I couldn't really ask for anything more. I pull a 20' goose neck horse trailer on a regular basis and I drive this truck long and hard. I have never had a single problem with the truck, it does everything I ask, and it does it well...if only my horses always followed suit. Bottom line: love it.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats - c'mon, who doesn't love that? Shift on the Fly 4WD - my old '96 Ford didn't have this, and let me tell you, not having to get out and turn the hubcaps when you're up to your running boards in mud is a HUGE plus!

Suggested Improvements

This has less to do with the truck than the economy, but lower fuel prices!

Satisfied and Unsatisfied
By Harley Girl

2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Lariat 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Wishing I had stayed with the diesel engine. Love the truck itself, but was not told the truth about mpg. Diesel mpg was @ 15 in city, V10 @ 9.6 . Salesman implied approx.same, not even close. Rancho suspension makes for a rough ride unless loaded down. Has great acceleration, towing power less of course than the Powerstroke, yet suffice.

Favorite Features

Folding rear seat with fold downs for floor protection provides ample room for transporting large objects not wanting to be placed in bed of. Comfortable seating for the long haul. Plenty of leg room front and rear.

Suggested Improvements

Interior carries too much plastic for the price. Leather seems to have been down graded to pleather compared to truck purchased in 2000. Some wind noise too soon.( Only 8500 miles)