2005 Ford F-150 5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Well Built Very Reliable

2005 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat SuperCrew (5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Well Built Very Reliable
By bob g on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I was a japanese truck buyer for years.. I own a farm in Waco and pull large trailers. I needed something that can pull. My tacoma could not. I bought my 05 Lariat FX4 4x4 Crew brand new with 26 miles expecting to get 80k and dump it. Now i have 211,460 as of right now and has been great. Only repairs were headlight bulbs, tires, fluids, and brakes twice. The 5.4 is a real workhorse and still purs with 211k. Toyota? my tacoma had a new tranny put in at 120k and 195k.. This is far more comfortable. I strongly recommend the Ford F series truck. My next vehicle will be American.

Favorite Features

Leather Seats, great 4x4 system. Pulls 10k trailers through the mud with ease. 5.4 V8 is a must. I hit a tractor in a field doing 30 mph and it held up well. Transmission does not hesitate. Nice deep bed.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower. Better advertising. Get some folks with high mileage on their trucks on the ads. Several people i know have well over 200 and some 300k on their new body Fords.