2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
I HATE Ford after this truck
By littlejohn505 on 05/14/14 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our truck it 2005. It's an 05 with every problem Ford ever had that year. We have replace 4 window regulators in the driver's side. All ford branded. Cam Phasers, Cam, fuel injector problems, now a whole new motor because the fuel injector blue and flooded cylinder #4 that we have always had problems with. i hate this truck and the money it has cost me.

Built Ford tough!
By theboss3350 on 07/22/12 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 05 f150 v6 back in 2009 and has never giving me any problems. It started off at 19,000 miles and just hit 70,000.This truck is great if your looking for something dependable and big. my only problem would be the lack of power and torque. It is very safe too I got rear ended by a expedition at a red light and it only made a small dent in my bumper. The passenger air bag also shuts off when a child is in the front, this feature could save a life.

2005 F150
By brettmorey on 08/14/11 08:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great work truck...really enjoy it. Our F150 is equipped with the 231hp 4.6L V8 and it pulls well, accelerates well and feels rugged. After all it's built Ford tough.

Just saying
By kgaston on 11/24/09 08:05 AM (PST)

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

"engeneers need to improve the drive train". This is clearly the best drivetrain I have ever seen in a truck. The Allison is nowhere near as good as this seeing as if you do not change the fluids in the Allison religiously, it will fail quickly. The stereo package is one of the best I've seen in a truck and I enjoy the responsive throttle and brakes. The ride is much more superior than any Chevy or Dodge I've driven.

Bang for the buck
By Happy Camper on 05/25/09 09:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck a couple years after buying my house. Needed something to make those trips to home Depot. As usual, the occasional need arises to ask the truck to do more than expected. And with the 4.2 V-6, I was a little concerned about it's ability to provide adequate power. The chassis build was never a concern. Honestly, the sluggish feel from the V6 doesn't fully demonstrate it's full potential under load. It actually starts to behave like the famous 300ci in-line six. I was quite surprised when I hooked up my new 27' travel trailer, and was reaching for the overdrive button at highway speeds. Have towed a 66 Mustang on a Uhaul trailer, and 2000' of stone in the box. Not one problem

Good 2wd pickup
By tpiatt150 on 04/29/08 23:38 PM (PDT)

I purchased this truck new and have been very impressed.Its no speed machine nor a powerhouse but does very well for being a 1/2 ton truck. This truck with the 5 speed is very peppy for having a 4.2 liter engine. It has also performed just fine while towing other cars and pulling loaded trailers. On average I get about 22 MPG on the interstate and could not be any happier with it.

05 STX 4X4 Apple Inside
By I-Gotta-Mac-Truck on 03/19/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Quiet, smooth ride, safe, reliable. As always, it is a Ford truck after all. This is why they are #1. The 4.6L in the 4x4 is not a speed demon, it'll get there though. It is a great pulling truck, can handle heavy loads with ease. Last but not least you gotta admit, it is a pretty truck!

Far too many electrical problems
By Bruce Morgan on 03/17/08 21:28 PM (PDT)

The truck has had far too many electrical problems. In 145000 miles it has had three alternators, two batteries, seven light bulbs and five sensors replaced. All after the 36,000 mile warranty. Now it is having ABS problems that I have estimates of from $300 to $2,500 to repair. Front brakes are very expensive to replace, as are most other items dealing with suspension, that should not be. Front bearing are over $200 and cannot be repacked, they need to be replaced. Overall, very happy with the ride, handling and comfort, but the electrical issues are really a problem. Never know if I will really get where I am going or not.

Nice Truck
By fordtrkman on 12/13/07 06:33 AM (PST)

I have the xl v-6 with the work truck pkg. Very nice truck to be basic.It gets better gas milage than my 96 Explorer Sport w/v-6 and 5-speed. I am very impressed with the smooth ride and handleing. The xtra room behind the seats is great. After driving this truck I don't think I could ever drive the other regular cabs.The truck looks good, and because it's an XL it's easy to keep the interior clean. No carpet to get stained.

great truck
By great truck on 03/20/07 22:18 PM (PDT)

Bought the truck a year ago, STX model with no back seat or carpet. Surprisingly, plenty of room with 40/20/40 split. Drove the truck 65000 miles in one year, not a single problem, just maintenance and brakes. Although I do get annoyed with front brake dust on wheels. 4WD works great in snow, nice turning and ride for 4.6 V8. towed 2 cords wood, struggled very little. Nice roomy bed, well designed interior. Seats do stain very easily, I recommend covering them as soon as you buy the truck.