Used 2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

STAY AWAY
By Gavin

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had a ford ranger growing up and liked it, I had a couple of dodges and decided that I would try a ford supercrew I mean it's been the best selling truck for ever. It was a bad decision. First of all the good, I loved the room in the back seat also the air vents I loved how you could point them right at you. The gas mileage was a little better. Now for the bad, first things first the front seats are terrible!!! Killed my back!! So uncomfortable!! It wasn't as wide as the dodges. The bed is too short trying to work construction with it. The 4 wheel drive didn't work very good. It had so many little problems!! The thing that made me sell it was when I was on vacation and the transmission started going out on me and that was it. I never could trust this truck. So I went back to a dodge and am so glad!! That truck was a piece of crap!! Don't get one, run away!! This was all under 90, 000 miles.

I HATE Ford after this truck
By littlejohn505

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our truck it 2005.
It's an 05 with every problem Ford ever had that year.
We have replace 4 window regulators in the driver's side.
All ford branded.
Cam Phasers, Cam, fuel injector problems, now a whole new motor because the fuel injector blue and flooded cylinder #4 that we have always had problems with.
i hate this truck and the money it has cost me.

None

Stand up for your name and Back your product ford.

Built Ford tough!
By theboss3350

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 05 f150 v6 back in 2009 and has never giving me any problems. It started off at 19,000 miles and just hit 70,000.This truck is great if your looking for something dependable and big. my only problem would be the lack of power and torque. It is very safe too I got rear ended by a expedition at a red light and it only made a small dent in my bumper. The passenger air bag also shuts off when a child is in the front, this feature could save a life.

Lift assist on the tailgate, powerful AC / heater, interior lights cut off after a few min to keep battery from dieing if someone forgets to turn off a light .

More Horsepower !!!!!!

2005 F150
By brettmorey

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great work truck...really enjoy it.
Our F150 is equipped with the 231hp 4.6L V8 and it pulls well, accelerates well and feels rugged.
After all it's built Ford tough.

Just saying
By kgaston

2005 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

"engeneers need to improve the drive train". This is clearly the best drivetrain I have ever seen in a truck. The Allison is nowhere near as good as this seeing as if you do not change the fluids in the Allison religiously, it will fail quickly. The stereo package is one of the best I've seen in a truck and I enjoy the responsive throttle and brakes. The ride is much more superior than any Chevy or Dodge I've driven.

the stereo, power, and ride

Offer a standard V-8