Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2004 F-150 FX4
By Alaska Wolf

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Ford got it right again! The 2004 F- 150 is everything they claimed, and more as far as I'm concerned. Ultra quiet, responsive, good-looking and surprisingly agile for a full size truck. It even gives tricked out Jeeps a run for the money off-road and pulls them out of bogs very well!!! I love my new F-150!

Favorite Features

Super quiet ride, Outstanding fuel economy (consistant 22.78 on the highway and 18 in town), Great acceleration and handling!

Hello
By Crystal

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Fords r tha bomb!

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

NONE!!

'04 F150 4x4
By WD

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the '04 XLT supercab w/4wd and the 5.4L. Highly recommend the truck. Ride is excellent, makes our Jeep Grand Cherokee seem like a Wrangler. Power is pretty good,(not quite like the Dodge Hemi I tested). Plently of torque for towing though. It gets about 16 mpg on my regular mixed driving routine. I actually got slightly over 18 mpg on a long highway trip! Have had a couple of minor cosmetic/fit & finish complaints, about what I expected from a new model.

Favorite Features

Ride is unbeatable, handling pretty good too. Quite interior. Seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The doors sometimes make noise over rough terrain; tighten them up. Gte rid of the round a/c vents, they're not that functional.

My First Truck and what a Good Choice !
By paris77

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Well after reviewing the other American made choices for 1/2 tons, this new Ford F 150 Lariat Supercrew 4WD wins hands down.I am lucky to own this as my first truck which was purchased to haul a horse trailer and general utility use. The ride is incredible and the power is fine for a 2 horse trailer. I plan to have this for many years and am quite happy I chose the Ford.

Favorite Features

Room, Ride, fit and finish, reverse sensors,engine power.Also 4 doors that open wide. Rear windows that go down all the way

Suggested Improvements

More open storage bins, Heated rearview mirrors

Ford Trucks
By Chris55

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Ford F-150. My first one I had ten years. And in those ten years, the only repairs besides regular maintenance was a battery at 130 thousand miles, and a water pump at 140 thousand. I sold the truck ten years after I bought it with 165 thousand mile's on it. It still ran great, and looked good, I do wax it every four months. The only reason I sold the truck, I wanted the extended cab.

Favorite Features

everything but when you open a door, the cargo light comes on.

Suggested Improvements

Every time you open a door, the cargo light comes on. I hate that, Chevy's don't. Ford sould put the cargo light on a separate switch.