Used 2003 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great trucks
By nlambert182

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I dont know why I can't choose the 5.4L engine as an option but it's what mine came with.
I've owned a lot of these trucks and you just cannot break them.
I bought this one with 85k miles on it.
The only thing ever replaced were coil packs and an alternator.
Aside from that the truck runs flawlessly.
I would recommend these to anyone.

Reliability Power Comfort

What a Wonderful Truck
By RedWingFan

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have driven and hauled trailers across the country from Miss. to Montana and back to Mich. and this truck has no problem at all. I have the 4.6 engine and I have 70,000 miles on it and it runs just as good as the day I bought it. I change the oil every 3-4k and I still get 20mpg on the highway. I couldn't ask for a better truck. I will drive this truck until the doors fall off or a million miles, whichever comes first...My son wants the truck but only after I'm dead and gone. I only drive Ford trucks. No other truck compares in my book. I have had four other Ford trucks in my days but this is the best. Period.

I love the body style. I have the DVD in the header that flips down for the kids and the six CD changer. The interior has plenty of room for my 6' stature. Plenty of leg room in the rear seats. Four doors open far enough for easy access. Very comfortable ride on long or short trips. No complaints.

If I had a complaint or two it would be that I only have a two wheel drive. I should have got the four wheel drive, but I lived in the south at the time I bought it and didn't think I needed it at the time. And the sound system could be better but that's fixable.

Transmission
By Transmission

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 1st time buying an American vehicle and this truck has been only problems since I bought it. (new) I took it in to SVC dept. because it kept loosing power and shutting down and it turned out to be a wiring shortage after spending a whole month in the SVC dept. and changing different parts in it. Now at 51000 the transmission has gone out on it. Besides all the problems my truck ran smooth and I love the space in it but I will not buy another Ford again!

My favorite features about my truck is the space in the inside and still having room to fit things in the bed.

Better transmission along with anything that has to do with the engine.

SUPERcrew
By Jim

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have found that the Ford SuperCrew trucks are almost the perfect vehicle for people with a family. You can combine the comfort of a car with the usefulness of a pickup. I love my truck. I have had NO repairs other than basic maintenance (knock on wood).

Comfort...Style...Reliable.

Could improve the turning radius; it can be a little hard to park in tight spaces or (straight in) parking lots, The lots that provide angled parking are much better. Larger fuel tank...I drive a lot and have to fill up 2-3 times per week.

Hard Seats
By Mark

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Enjoy everything about this truck except those hard unforgiving seats. My Mercury Mountaineer was like sitting on an easy chair but this pickup is like sitting on a board. Everything else great.

How handy it is & the big wide doors.

Redesign the seats.