2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great trucks
By nlambert182 on 02/05/14 09:08 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I dont know why I can't choose the 5.4L engine as an option but it's what mine came with. I've owned a lot of these trucks and you just cannot break them. I bought this one with 85k miles on it. The only thing ever replaced were coil packs and an alternator. Aside from that the truck runs flawlessly. I would recommend these to anyone.

What a Wonderful Truck
By RedWingFan on 10/25/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have driven and hauled trailers across the country from Miss. to Montana and back to Mich. and this truck has no problem at all. I have the 4.6 engine and I have 70,000 miles on it and it runs just as good as the day I bought it. I change the oil every 3-4k and I still get 20mpg on the highway. I couldn't ask for a better truck. I will drive this truck until the doors fall off or a million miles, whichever comes first...My son wants the truck but only after I'm dead and gone. I only drive Ford trucks. No other truck compares in my book. I have had four other Ford trucks in my days but this is the best. Period.

Transmission
By Transmission on 11/13/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 1st time buying an American vehicle and this truck has been only problems since I bought it. (new) I took it in to SVC dept. because it kept loosing power and shutting down and it turned out to be a wiring shortage after spending a whole month in the SVC dept. and changing different parts in it. Now at 51000 the transmission has gone out on it. Besides all the problems my truck ran smooth and I love the space in it but I will not buy another Ford again!

SUPERcrew
By Jim on 03/12/07 19:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have found that the Ford SuperCrew trucks are almost the perfect vehicle for people with a family. You can combine the comfort of a car with the usefulness of a pickup. I love my truck. I have had NO repairs other than basic maintenance (knock on wood).

Hard Seats
By Mark on 05/14/06 05:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Enjoy everything about this truck except those hard unforgiving seats. My Mercury Mountaineer was like sitting on an easy chair but this pickup is like sitting on a board. Everything else great.

power to tow
By boscoe on 02/09/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased the F150 5.4l v-8 for its powerful towing capability. We tow a travel trailer that weighs in @ 7200lbs. dry/wt. We have the 2wd SuperCrew with auto transmission. We live in northern California and the F-150 Triton 5.4l v8 has no problem at all pulling over Donner Summit or over the Siskiyou Mountains into Oregon. The ride is very comfortable, for I am 6'4" and I not small in stature, and the handling is smooth. Very road worthy when pulling the trailer. I am very satisfied with the overall performance and comfort of the F150 SuperCrew. The mileage when pulling trailer in cruise control @ 55- 60mph range in overdrive is around 11- 12mpg. Not pulling trailer about 17mpg, not bad for a truck.

Very Nice Truck
By TommyBoy on 05/30/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is by far the most reliable of them yet. Maybe after a few years then new F-150's will bypass the milestone Ford has set for the reliability of its F-150 models.

Just Got
By geslou on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Second super crew I've had. Truck is very nice. Interior is a little plain.

Great Truck
By humps on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck to drive, plenty of room for a family. Very short bed but the interior makes up for that.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD
By pissonford on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

STARTING AT 1K MILES THE ENGINE KNOCKED LIKE A DIESEL UNTIL IT WARMED UP.(65 DEGREE WEATHER SO IT WAS NOT THAT COLD) FORD CLAIMS THAT PISTON SLAP IS NORMAL!!! WHEN RUNNING THE TRUCK KINDA HARD IN EVERY GEAR WHEN THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTED IT MADE A SCREECHING NOISE. (DEALER COULD NOT DUPLICATE) DRIVER SIDE DOOR RATTLED LIKE IT WAS FULL OF ROCKS. I HAD MORE FAITH IN MY 1985 F150 W/ 170k MILES THAN I HAD WITH MY 03 W/ 9K MILES THAT I LOST ALOT OF MONEY ON WHEN I TRADED IT IN, BECAUSE I COULD NOT SEE MAKING ONE MORE PAYMENT ON!!!