Used 2002 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Best vehicle out there
By jlundin

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

You can ask anyone that has owned a F150 and they will tell you that nothing compares. I have owned many cars, trucks, and vans over the years, but the F150 is by far the best one! My truck is 11 years old now and is in mint condition. I just do regular maintenance and the truck just never stops running. It is very reliable and easy to work on. I have used it as a daily commuter and the other day I decided to take it off roading and it handled the ruff terrain very well. Before I bought the truck, I drove my Dad's F150 one day while visiting and ever since that moment I have been in love.

Roomy, tough suspension, easy handling, drives the same whether you drive on the road or on the dirt, very easy to work on.

8 years of ownership
By gbl

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it for about $30k. I've had it for 8 years and 205,000+ miles. Pulled horse trailers up to 7000#. Probably have put over 60k miles towing loads. Have had both the transmission (probably didn't need to do it) and rear end rebuilt. Replaced about 6 of the coil packs. Replaced the leather on the front seats. Replaced the front rotors 3 times. On the 4th set of tires. Total repair costs about $5k. Overall I've been very satisfied. Burns about 1.5 quarts of oil every 3000 miles. Never has left me high and dry except when a battery went dead. It's been a great truck for what I've asked of it.

Ride and interior.

Coil packs go out to often. Mileage at 14 mph could be better. Maintenance manual should require changing the rear differential fluid on occasion. Passenger window rattles...can't get anyone to fix it.

Good truck, starting to rattle badly
By cd

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been a workhorse for me on the highway. Some years I will put 35K on the truck. It handles well, holds the road great and takes strong winds in stride. This truck is very easy on tires, I got 70K on the factory set and will approach that with the second set.

It holds the road like a car, it is truly a very good on the road truck.

The fuel economy really needs to improve. 13 city 17 highway. The drivers seat becomes uncomfortable after about 1 1/2 hours on the road. The seat could be longer to provide better suport under the knees and the sides could be wider before the seat flars up.

Gray Shadow on the Bayou
By Jimmy R. Comeaux

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This F-150 has been one of the most enjoyable vehicles that I have ever owned. The truck is gray two toned and it does turn a lot of heads. I drive about 50/50 city vs hwy. The highway driving experience is very comfortable for myself and up to as many as 4 passengers. One of the most enjoyable and rewarding trips I've made was driving from Lafayette, LA. to Ada, OK. My mother and I left from Lafayette and picked up my aunt and uncle in Houston, Tx. From Houston we drove up to Oklahoma. I never one single complaint during the entire trip by either of the elderly family members.

The leather bucket seats, leg room and comfort on the highway.

More power and a little more backseat leg room.

Great Truck
By F150john

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great family vehicle. My family several trips during the year and this truck fits the bill. The interior is comfortable and the truck is fun to drive, And we can carry a large amount of luggage with us in the back. The only trouble has been a defective battery at 11000 miles, which the dealer replaced and the fold down console on the front seat had to be replaced because the leather seperated from the console. It was covered by the warrenty. I have been very please with my truck.

4 real doors

I wish the cd player was not in the rear. I also wish foglight were an option on the 2wd model.