2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best vehicle out there
By jlundin on 04/05/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

You can ask anyone that has owned a F150 and they will tell you that nothing compares. I have owned many cars, trucks, and vans over the years, but the F150 is by far the best one! My truck is 11 years old now and is in mint condition. I just do regular maintenance and the truck just never stops running. It is very reliable and easy to work on. I have used it as a daily commuter and the other day I decided to take it off roading and it handled the ruff terrain very well. Before I bought the truck, I drove my Dad's F150 one day while visiting and ever since that moment I have been in love.

8 years of ownership
By gbl on 02/24/10 10:26 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it for about $30k. I've had it for 8 years and 205,000+ miles. Pulled horse trailers up to 7000#. Probably have put over 60k miles towing loads. Have had both the transmission (probably didn't need to do it) and rear end rebuilt. Replaced about 6 of the coil packs. Replaced the leather on the front seats. Replaced the front rotors 3 times. On the 4th set of tires. Total repair costs about $5k. Overall I've been very satisfied. Burns about 1.5 quarts of oil every 3000 miles. Never has left me high and dry except when a battery went dead. It's been a great truck for what I've asked of it.

Good truck, starting to rattle badly
By cd on 04/02/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been a workhorse for me on the highway. Some years I will put 35K on the truck. It handles well, holds the road great and takes strong winds in stride. This truck is very easy on tires, I got 70K on the factory set and will approach that with the second set.

Gray Shadow on the Bayou
By Jimmy R. Comeaux on 04/08/06 20:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This F-150 has been one of the most enjoyable vehicles that I have ever owned. The truck is gray two toned and it does turn a lot of heads. I drive about 50/50 city vs hwy. The highway driving experience is very comfortable for myself and up to as many as 4 passengers. One of the most enjoyable and rewarding trips I've made was driving from Lafayette, LA. to Ada, OK. My mother and I left from Lafayette and picked up my aunt and uncle in Houston, Tx. From Houston we drove up to Oklahoma. I never one single complaint during the entire trip by either of the elderly family members.

Great Truck
By F150john on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great family vehicle. My family several trips during the year and this truck fits the bill. The interior is comfortable and the truck is fun to drive, And we can carry a large amount of luggage with us in the back. The only trouble has been a defective battery at 11000 miles, which the dealer replaced and the fold down console on the front seat had to be replaced because the leather seperated from the console. It was covered by the warrenty. I have been very please with my truck.

Nice truck
By phil47 on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love the truck, love the power, love the style. Not completely satisfied with the manufacture of the truck...loose parts, missing parts..nothing major,,but could prove important as the truck gets older...Needed front end alignment in the first 5000 miles...found this unusual...

Great 4-door Truck
By blaster on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had this truck for two months. So far it is flawless. Some of the other reviews I read said the gas milage was bad. I had a Dodge Dakoda with the small V8 before I got the Ford and it averaged 18 mpg. I have the large V8 in this one and I average 17 mpg. So I feel the mpg is good for a large pickup. I am very happy with the Ford F150 SuperCrew.