2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Excellent truck

2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat Extended Cab Pickup (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent truck
By thesauce05 on

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck in 2004 to replace a totalled 1997 EXT cab Ram (which was a crappy truck). This truck is has been great. 11 years old and still going strong. I'm actually surprised to see people complaining on the amount of power they get out of their trucks. I mean, 4.6L isn't much, but I get tons of power for such a small engine. I've never had to do any major work and only recently has small things began to go wrong (ABS light, AIR valve, rusted fuel tank straps). Everything else on this truck is in top notch working order. Engine runs great and starts up in the coldest weather every time and the transmission shows no signs of stopping, even with 127000 miles. Next truck will be a f150.

I love everything

Only a couple things could have been designed differently. One would be the electric window tracks. They seems to somehow "shrink" over time causing the window to slow down. A little silicon spray usually helps a lot. The other things is the top of the cab. There are two grooves up there and both lead underneath the outer windshield seal which causes water to get under there and eventually leads to leaks (which mine has done). I fixed it by filling in the area at the seal with silicon.