2002 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
A Modern "Bluesmobile".
By Michael Poulos on 05/23/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The P71 Crown Vic is a really cool car. If you like big and roomy, you'll love the former cop car Crown Vic. If you like good performance, you'll enjoy it too. Great acceleration with the 4.6L GT V8. Nice anti-lock brakes without a severe bucking bronco effect. Nice tight steering makes it quite maneuverable for a big car in city traffic but use two hands on the freeway at full speed. While not a race car, it does offer plenty of get up and go. It's no wonder cabbies like these birds! The main drawback is fuel consumption. I get about 15mpg (combined), so what you get is a car that is like the Concorde (the aircraft): Big, fast, and burns gas like one!

crown victoria
By rex racer on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

it's the car that i've always wanted.

Best Car Out There
By Big Ed on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is fun and functional. It carries adults in the rear seat without them being cramped. It accelerates to highway speeds (65 MPH) on the shortest of on-ramps. The trunk can hold more than your wife could ever pack! I can't understand why people would buy a cramped little Honda when you can get this for about the same price. This car has zero defects and the fit and finish is perfect. And I do get 25 MPG on the highway and 21 MPG around town with this rear-wheel drive V-8!

29 year old Crown Vic owner
By copcarguy on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I guess I'm a little bit younger than the average Crown Vic owner, but I love them! This is my 4th one. All of my Crown Vic's have had excellent reliability and are still going strong. I have sold my old ones to friends and the 91 has 250K, the 92 has 198K, the 95 has 154K all on the original unrebuilt drivetrains.... Need I say more?? The comfort on the highway is unsurpassed. I would recommend this car to anyone. After all, this basic design (V8, auto, rear wheel drive, full body on frame) dates back to the dawn of automobiles and Ford has certainly exterminated the bugs out of this design. :)