Used 2002 Ford Crown Victoria Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

A Modern "Bluesmobile".
By Michael Poulos

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The P71 Crown Vic is a really cool car. If you like big and roomy, you'll love the former cop car Crown Vic. If you like good performance, you'll enjoy it too. Great acceleration with the 4.6L GT V8. Nice anti-lock brakes without a severe bucking bronco effect. Nice tight steering makes it quite maneuverable for a big car in city traffic but use two hands on the freeway at full speed. While not a race car, it does offer plenty of get up and go. It's no wonder cabbies like these birds! The main drawback is fuel consumption. I get about 15mpg (combined), so what you get is a car that is like the Concorde (the aircraft): Big, fast, and burns gas like one!

Favorite Features

Nice interior and great performance. Fun to drive as it is nicely maneuverable.

Suggested Improvements

A better stereo would be nice. Better A/C would be good too, especially if you live in a hot climate. Fuel economy could use improvement but that'll be difficult.

crown victoria
By rex racer

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

it's the car that i've always wanted.

Favorite Features

color and ride.....beter

Suggested Improvements

better sound system...

Best Car Out There
By Big Ed

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is fun and functional. It carries adults in the rear seat without them being cramped. It accelerates to highway speeds (65 MPH) on the shortest of on-ramps. The trunk can hold more than your wife could ever pack! I can't understand why people would buy a cramped little Honda when you can get this for about the same price. This car has zero defects and the fit and finish is perfect. And I do get 25 MPG on the highway and 21 MPG around town with this rear-wheel drive V-8!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the V-8, roomy interior, and comfortable seats. It's hard to limit my favorites as almost everything about this car hits the mark.

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the standard radio to a premium sound with CD player. I would design a better wheel cover as the honeycomb wheel covers are hard to clean.

29 year old Crown Vic owner
By copcarguy

2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I guess I'm a little bit younger than the average Crown Vic owner, but I love them! This is my 4th one. All of my Crown Vic's have had excellent reliability and are still going strong. I have sold my old ones to friends and the 91 has 250K, the 92 has 198K, the 95 has 154K all on the original unrebuilt drivetrains.... Need I say more?? The comfort on the highway is unsurpassed. I would recommend this car to anyone. After all, this basic design (V8, auto, rear wheel drive, full body on frame) dates back to the dawn of automobiles and Ford has certainly exterminated the bugs out of this design. :)

Favorite Features

Stealthy SPEED! I have almost as much power as a Mustang GT, but "blend in" better. What would a cop pull over?? A bright red Mustang convertible or a plain jane Crown Vic??

Suggested Improvements

A manual trans Sport model would be really cool!! Redesign front door panels to let your knees have a teeeeny bit more room. Redesign defroster duct to allow the installation of a factory AM/FM/CD/Cass radio. The current design won't allow this.