Battery Memory
By drydoc on
2011 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
In love, at first, several trips to the dealer during the first six weeks for "unexplained" engine error messages", almost made me invoke the "Lemon Law". Life settled down after a computer upgrade...until early in the 5th month that I owned the car. At that point, a full charge became less and less miles. I began at 38 - 40 miles ev per charge and now I am at best, 23 -24 miles ev. The Chevy Volt team and my local dealer state that it is the weather and the way that I drive it. First of all...the way I drive it should not change the battery capacity. Secondly, it is not even cold yet...average temp approx. 42 degrees. Thirdly, I charge it in a heated garage.
Favorite Features
The car handles very well.
Suggested Improvements
Entirley replace the battery. Recent notifications from the NHTSA that the battery causes fires after accicents and the bnattery memory issue (which I enquired about prior to the sale and was told did not exist) make this an impotent electric car.
By dfresh75
on 02/21/12 07:45 AM (PST)

How you drive it shouldn't change battery capacity? I'm not saying you're not having issues, but does my gasoline MPG get impacted by me mashing the gas all day and having the AC on full blast and having AWD on? Of course, this would be no different. Capacity doesn't change, but range does.