Timing Chain
By Timing Chain on
2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I fell in love with this vehicle from the first time I seen it. We didn't even test drive it because it was in the show room and bought it off the show room floor. The vehicle has less then 30,000 miles and I knew something was wrong with it. I've had it to the service department 4 times since the end of June and finally they told me it was the timing chain. After 8 days at the service department they called me today and told me the timing chain was on back-order and it could be up to 6 months before they could get one in. They told me that GM said I could drive it and if the engine blows up they will just replace the engine. How's that for customer service?? Very disappointed with GM!
Suggested Improvements
Need to fix whatever is going on with the timing chain issues!! I've read a lot of reviews that people have wrote and they too have had timing chain issues! Maybe that's why they are on back-order and the dealership can't seem to get one in.
By commenter
on 05/31/13 22:32 PM (PDT)

"hey told me that GM said I could drive it and if the engine blows up they will just replace the engine. How's that for customer service??" THAT'S EXCELLENT SERVICE... GIVE YOU A $5,000 ENGINE FOR FREE.... W/ FREE INSTALLATION! Can't beat that!