2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:
Noise in rear?
By MARIAH on 06/14/10 23:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like my 09 traverse, but am confounded by a noise in the left rear. I have had it back to the dealer 3 times and they claim it is a suspension noise and not a problem. I'm not convinced. Has anyone else experienced this noise? It is a Rather loud thump. Also the driver's seat lumbar control is no longer working. Taking it in for that and the washer heater recall.

Great!
By dexterm on 12/06/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this SUV about 2 months ago and love it so far. We have been on a couple of road trips and it fits our family of 4 perfectly. It is roomy, drives nicely and the kids love the DVD player.

Like my LTZ So Far
By andylibby on 10/28/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I came close to buying the Buick Enclave but got the Traverse for three reasons: (1) Price, the Buick would have cost $3 to $4m more similarly equipped, (2) I got a huge rebate for buying the 09, and (3) I don't like fake wood trim and the Buick is full of it. I liked everything about the Buick better except for the fake wood and the extra $$$, but the Traverse LTZ is an awesome car with all the goodies and I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Love my car
By traverseowner on 10/28/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Traverse to replace a 4-Runner. We love this car. The ride is very smooth. On two different road trips we have averaged 22 mpg. There is plenty of space for everything and everyone.

Good News - Bad News
By Richard on 09/01/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2009 Traverse LTZ since Feb. 2009. I love everything about it, except one thing. The bad news is that one thing was the primary reason I bought the vehicle. The Traverse is advertised as getting 18mpg in the city and 24mpg on the highway. I am getting nowhere near that. My combined mpg has been 17.4mpg with roughly 50-50 city/highway mix. This is AFTER driving like I am 80 years old. I have never owned a vehicle so far below EPA mileage estimates. This is ridiculous. Otherwise, an outstanding vehicle. I am getting 19to20 mpg on the highway and 15to16 mpg in the city.

Great Crossover value
By car lower on 08/29/09 08:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 09 Traverse LTZ after comparing GMC, Buick to other brands. Traverse seems to be the best value of the group. I can't wait to drive it on longer trips to experience all the features it has to offer. Comfort is much like sitting in a minivan so that you are not tired when you finish a trip.

Warning: Airbag Sensor Problems!
By PAW483 on 08/06/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Chevy Traverse LTZ on January 2, 2009. We bought this because it was very similar to our Cadillac SRX which was also fully loaded (and it actually has a real 3rd row!). We did some research and found that the safety rating was perfect and the airbag system was top of the line. We wanted this to be our family vehicle. However, within two weeks of our purchase we made a cross country trip to Chicago for a family members funeral (I don't fly and always drive.) That's when I first notice our "CHECK AIRBAG SYSTEM" warning light came on. Well, to make a long story short. This problem has happened 5 times and they have made repair attempts and the problem still occurs. (See Below).

Love the new Chevrolet
By Traverse owner on 07/09/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

WE have only owned the 2009 Chevrolet TRaverse LTZ a couple weeks. We love it so far. We still need to learn all the tricks with navigation and bluetooth phone but those are great features along with the cooled seats in hot Florida. We hope it is as reliable long term as we have too many gadgets to want to fix them. Only complaint so far is getting used to the many gears as it seems to downshift just as you go around an intersection wehre you don't completely stop but then accelerate after going around the turn. We had a Ford Taurus that did that many years ago.

Great SUV
By Javier on 03/14/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the traverse very happy with it.. After looking at Chevy Tahoe then looking at the traverse their was no comparing.. Traverse is very roomy it has a lot more space then the Tahoe especially it the third row... The only negative is probably I thought it was just a little to pricey.

My New Car - Love it
By Sherri on 10/21/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is quiet and fun to drive. I love the DVD system with the wireless headphones for the kids. The interior space is not much smaller than my Ford Expedition that I traded in. I actually have more cargo room while all 7 seats are up than before.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Suv in VA is:

$135 per month*