Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Noise in rear?
By MARIAH

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like my 09 traverse, but am confounded by a noise in the left rear. I have had it back to the dealer 3 times and they claim it is a suspension noise and not a problem. I'm not convinced. Has anyone else experienced this noise? It is a Rather loud thump. Also the driver's seat lumbar control is no longer working. Taking it in for that and the washer heater recall.

Favorite Features

Love, love the backup camera, ease of the seat arrangement, and onstar

Suggested Improvements

Back window is hard to see out of. The headroom is not adequate for anyone over 6'.

Great!
By dexterm

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this SUV about 2 months ago and love it so far. We have been on a couple of road trips and it fits our family of 4 perfectly. It is roomy, drives nicely and the kids love the DVD player.

Favorite Features

Power Lift Gate, NAV system, and Black carpet! Cars built for families should never have light gray carpet.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing so far.

Like my LTZ So Far
By andylibby

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I came close to buying the Buick Enclave but got the Traverse for three reasons: (1) Price, the Buick would have cost $3 to $4m more similarly equipped, (2) I got a huge rebate for buying the 09, and (3) I don't like fake wood trim and the Buick is full of it. I liked everything about the Buick better except for the fake wood and the extra $$$, but the Traverse LTZ is an awesome car with all the goodies and I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, power liftgate, remote start, heated/cooled seats, nav, XM, OnStar, and 288 horses. I also think it's a very smart looking car in the black granite mettalic.

Suggested Improvements

The Sunroof and moonroof need real covers over them, not just mesh screens. Too much sunlight comes thru. The 20" wheels diminish the ride and comfort. 19's look good enough and are much smoother.

Love my car
By traverseowner

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Traverse to replace a 4-Runner. We love this car. The ride is very smooth. On two different road trips we have averaged 22 mpg. There is plenty of space for everything and everyone.

Favorite Features

GPS System, DVD system, Bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything

Good News - Bad News
By Richard

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2009 Traverse LTZ since Feb. 2009. I love everything about it, except one thing. The bad news is that one thing was the primary reason I bought the vehicle. The Traverse is advertised as getting 18mpg in the city and 24mpg on the highway. I am getting nowhere near that. My combined mpg has been 17.4mpg with roughly 50-50 city/highway mix. This is AFTER driving like I am 80 years old. I have never owned a vehicle so far below EPA mileage estimates. This is ridiculous. Otherwise, an outstanding vehicle. I am getting 19to20 mpg on the highway and 15to16 mpg in the city.

Favorite Features

Interior room, smooth ride, OnStar, Bluetooth phone, XM satellite.

Suggested Improvements

Get gas mileage up to as advertise or change EPA mileage estimate to more realistic numbers so that more people aren't conned by the promised mileage.