Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Traverse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Driving Machine.
By Susan Grace Rice.

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

its a great vehicle, runs very good, rides smooth, and an all around great vehicle to have. with dogs, kids and just all around family its a great car to travel and go places and it holds a good amount of people, if i had to get a new one i would get another traverse,lt1. with leather this time for inside seats, and heated ones, would like to have a navigation in it, and side view mirrors with navigation on the mirrors for helping you stay in the lanes,[non-permissible content removed] .

SO DISAPPOINTED
By Denean

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Got my 2009 Chevy Traverse from Rick Hendricks in January 2015 Transmission wasn't working properly so I went to Rick Hendricks mechanic shop in Feb. They said there was nothing wrong with the transmission. Months later in May they had to fix it because the transmission went out. Now a month later the transmission is slipping again. I have powertrain warranty that will cost me $150 but I shouldn't have to pay anything.

Ridiculous piece of trash
By sherrypisces

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Traverse used last year and it was exactly what I wanted and needed for my family. Well, from the beginning I had problems with the car. I was experiencing a stalling type of drive. I would be driving along and all of a sudden the car would jerk and go extremely slow almost killing myself and my family. At times the vehicle would jerk and lose all power and shut off in the middle of the highway, street, anywhere! I have put so much money into this vehicle that I am embarrassed to say. I don't know what to do or who to contact because this is not a safe vehicle. Do Not, I repeat, Do Not purchase the 2009 Chevy Traverse EVER!

The inside of the vehicle is all that and more! I love the leather seats and the radio and the space is ridiculously perfect!

I suggest Chevy buy back each and every 2009 Chevy Traverse because there is something wrong with this particular vehicle.

Horrible 2009 Traverse
By aburgener

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had the Traverse for about 2 years and just on Friday I was driving down a 4 lane highway and it didn't want to shift. Barely, made it home alive and took it to the auto center. They informed me they would not work on it because it would happen again and so when I tried to move it, it would not go in reverse.
We have had problems with the power steering and 3 recalls on it. Something is wrong with the 2009 version of this car. My brother had the same problem and when we were at the repair shop the owner said his sister had the same problem. We are getting another estimate because the first one said it was the transmission... if you have money for lots of repair go for it.

2009 Traverse
By tigger68

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our traverse in June 2009 and I had one problem with a computer about a year ago.
Then October 2011 came around and our check engine light came on.
It was something I don't remember.
We took it to the dealer and it was the timing chain and it had been recalled.
They had the car for 10 days.
Then we had the car back one day and I was driving home from work and it started smoking.
We attempted to drive to dealer and did not make it.
A transmission clamp broke.
they fixed it and then we got it back.
We had it back in 4 days.
The fixed and have had some hesitation and now transmission module is out?
Now back we go again!
Dealer has been working with us at least!

Radio--- seating---- lift gate

WARRANTY---- make it 100,000 bumber to bumper because I am out of warranty and am not happy with the fact that I will be making serious repairs when the powertrain is out. I have 47,000 miles on it now and am waiting for them to say it is not covered! I will fight tooth and nail since they had to pull my engine for a timing belt!