Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Displacement on Demand doesn't save Mileage
By Steve

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Please don't take the MPG ratings on the window sticker as gospel. I believe mine was rated at 17/22. I was averaging 14.5. Never got above 18 MPG even during travel of all highway miles. Other than gas mileage, the truck was well built. They've done a good job with the 07's. This is coming from someone who swore they would never purchase an American car. However, gas was killing me. Just traded for a BMW. Just got 31.7 MPG last week on the highway.

Favorite Features

Engine power. Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel efficiency is terrible. Averaged 14.5 MPG.

Problems within a year
By tahoe07

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had a lot of problems within a year with my 2007 Tahoe. First, was the driver's seat. It happened 3 mos after my purchase. The auto function wouldn't work so I had to bring it to the nearest dealer. Second, on the fifth month, the digital display of my tire pressures wasn't working, again I had to bring it to the dealership. On the 8th month, major problems. My car wouldn't engage to Drive, I had to put it to 2nd gear in order for it to move. It took a week for the dealership to fix the problem. Too many problems with the vehicle, it's been less than a year. Lastly, I average 15mpg.

Favorite Features

Exterior body design (front), braking

Suggested Improvements

Body roll on corners. Better horn like a Hella or Bosch bing bing

Love the Tahoe
By Charlie

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had my truck a short time, but is great. I rate it high on fuel economy due to the drop from 8 to 4 cylinders when at cruising speed. This helps on trips and when driving at low speeds. The interior is oustanding. I left an '06 EB Explorer to get this truck and am loving every moment. From the design to the handling, the Tahoe has it all.

Favorite Features

Flex fuel option and instant economy fuel options. 2nd row captain's chairs.

Suggested Improvements

Make 3rd row fold flat when not in use, this would eliminate the need to remove them all together. This would assist long trips when you don't need them to get to your destination but may want them for versatility when you get there.

Great Truck
By FG

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is wonderful and fun to drive. The new styling is superb. The interior has come a long way for the Tahoe. We purchased the LT with the LT3 package. This has all the goodies like power liftgate, wood grain, 3rd row, 20 " wheels, rear entertainment, etc. We found that it was a better deal to go with the LT3 loaded than going for the LTZ. Anyway it rides very well. We previously had a Grand Cherokee Jeep that was loaded and there is no comparison. This truck is the best. Gas mileage is not the best but it is better than we expected. The engine cuts out some cylinders which does work but doesn't effect performance.

Favorite Features

Big front buckets with big console. Radio and controls easy to use. factory 20' chrome wheels are stylish. Powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

Drink holders in lower door panels? No little pockets or compartments in the way back.

Seats
By Nona Brewer

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The only suggestion I could make to improve the Tahoe, is to put in fold down seats. Can be awkard carrying large items and the 3rd row seats are so heavy to remove, especially for a woman. I love the Tahoe and it's my second. I traded in a 2003 for the 2007.

Favorite Features

OnStar, heated seats, navigational system, and individual climate control

Suggested Improvements

Put in fold down seats