2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Sort Reviews by

Bought New over 100K miles and Going Strong!
By boeknows

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Jaguars, Land Rover... Bar-none this is the most reliable vehicle ive owned. I feel like im sitting in my family room leather couch. Im 6'3'' 250lbs. and fits like a charm. GM has out done itself on its SUV's

Great truck....almost too good
By blakeg

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have almost 90,000 miles on my 4x4 T-hoe. I have driven her up and down the California coast off roads and camping, snowboarding in the mountains, weekly daily driver So cal traffic, towed small boat/jetskies/dirt bikes at times, and it sits outside on a peninsula at the beach (damp saline weather) for over 6 years. It's been a great truck. Obviously after 6 years things are going to wear and turning over the big V8 burns fuel, tires, brakes, batteries, assorted plastic buttons....if you can't run with the big dogs get off the porch. It's comfy and has great road presence. I'm stoked so far - hope to have the same review in 100,000 more miles

Favorite Features

Reliability, road presence, comfort, performance, Bose stereo bumps

Suggested Improvements

Too much plastic...it just doesn't last for the long haul and will need to be replaced here and there. Welcome to owning a depreciating asset.

Too Many Problems
By msgtaylor

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Too many issues with this vehicle after the 4th year. The cylinder was misfiring causing the truck to shut down in the middle of the street. Also, we paid $1,100 for sensors to be replaced before we were able to get a tag last year. This year has been the worse. Despite $2,000 in repairs the check engine light has yet to go off. There is no warranty at this point. The Tahoe is sitting in my driveway because I can't get a tag with the check engine light on.

Favorite Features

The best feature is the exterior paint. It's spacious and the seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Build a better engine.

2007 Tahoe - These posts are scarey!
By mvega57

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Tahoe new. It's 5.3L Flex Fuel, 2 wheel drive. 5 years later and 53Kmi I have no complaints about the car (can't say that about the dealership Svc people - they don't really understand how systems on a car work now-a-days). While under warranty all servicing done at a Chevy dealer; Front door interior handles replaces (chrome peeling), side doors plastic trim and rear seal in the transmission replaced (started leaking). It's been a great car, tows a 4,000+ lbs trailer no problem. If I would have read the negative reviews first, I would have never purchased it! I'm glad I didn't, this Tahoe has been great for us.

Favorite Features

Interior room for the driver

Suggested Improvements

Front bucket seats and a center console with storage.

Chevrolet sucks
By mrswinnie

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My Tahoe started to do some weird things. It would cut off and lock me in the truck. Then after a few minutes, it would start again like nothing was wrong. The radio has completely gone out and the lights flicker. Took it to Chevrolet and they did an electrical test, claimed nothing was wrong. I just needed a battery. Got the battery worked fine for 2 days and went back to doing the same thing. Here it is a year later, it never got fixed and I just went to start it and it won't come start. Chevrolet is the worst at customer service as well as building vehicles. I will never buy another one as long as I live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

None!!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical issues and customer service needs training on how to treat the customers!!

Solid Truck, Small Quirks
By rustinn

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've put a little over 40k miles so far on our LTZ Tahoe. Reliability? It's been ok considering the car wouldn't start sometimes (back at about 30k miles) due to a bad battery. We replaced the battery and haven't had an issue since. Other than that, we've had some problems with the window controls but that's it. Quality? The smooth finish on the spokes of the steering wheel is peeling and the leather seats are starting to feel waxy and have lost their texture. We've had to also replace the door handle just recently for the driver door because it was loose (covered under warranty). Other than that, the paint job is impeccable and the dashboard hasn't warped or cracked.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System, brakes, low end torque, solid structure (you can hear it in the "thud" of the doors), auto collapse mirrors, quite/secure highway ride, generally good steering feel, safety of the car can be "felt"

Suggested Improvements

Seatbelts lock WAY too often with normal stops and turns (this has almost caused an accident), visibility could be better, price doesn't justify quality/features/reliability, steering wheel is too heavy in parking lots and as light as a leaf on the highway, 4 speed transmission is a total mess and is always hesitant at downshifting, transmission logic is abysmal, inferior to the Expedition in terms of value

Dissapointed in Quality
By mrsjharb

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in Sept of 2010. We have only had almost a year and a half. The dash cracked about 6 months after we bought it. It is a 3-4 inch crack on the drivers side behind the steering wheel. Chevy won't replace dash..but from what I have researched it has been a big problem. It costs around $800 to replace. Next... the Hood latch broke for no reason. That was $280 to fix. One of the keyless entry remotes is broken. We are having problems with the lumbar control on the seats. Recently the transmission has started shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd gear. Overall i'm disappointed in quality of GMC product. Expensive car, beautiful car, poorly made!!!

Favorite Features

the look. It's a beautiful SUV. Just not good quality and GMC won't stand behind product and fix the crappy cracked dash issues!

5 years later and still love my Tahoe
By mjfhorsey001

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got the Z71 4WD in fall 2007 and have 80k on it ...great road trip car. I regularly tow a 2 and 3 horse trailer with 3 horses and a tack room full of stuff and it pulls with ease. The only thing I have to do is use a anti sway because of the length of the trailer when going on the interstate with the big trucks blowing by. More for my peace of mind I think. The only issues I have had are - leak in the rear liftgate, right mirror power fold broke - one new set of tires..still on the initial set of brakes. Weird thing is the interior is great but the black coating on the controls flakes off on some of the buttons which obscures the little picture. Not sure what that was about.

Favorite Features

Comfortable and spacious seating, dash design, bucket rear seats, electronic liftgate, rear view camera, engine power and reliability, bose sound, towing package.

Suggested Improvements

the black coating on the dash buttons that flakes off...windshield wipers. No matter what kind I buy they press down so hard that they stiffen up or don't wipe on the drivers side very nicely.

Never buying Chevrolet or GM again...
By car_truck_chic

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Tahoe in 07 with only 20K mi.Got a great deal & were thrilled to have something nice. SUCKERS! We now have 93K mi & pray every day it'd get struck by lightning. We've done all maintenece & we even put in a transmission cooler! *bad alternator + other charging system issues.*transmission rebuild @ 35K miles, at 80K started acting up, I think needs new torque converter since not done when rebuilt but wont pay for it, though under warranty.*started burning oil, after PITA "oil consumption" testing they agreed to install a deflector (have a TB about AFM) & they replaced all the pistons and rings too.*cheap materials, molding faded, door handles peeled, plastic int. pieces have broken.

Favorite Features

Good for towing, large cargo area, looks amazing. Unfortunately there is more bad than good with this truck.

Suggested Improvements

*Go back to previous transmission, this one has issues! *Use better quality materials! I got stabbed by a wire protruding from my drivers seat and the door handles peeled and sliced fingers. *Change charging system and alternator - this setup is undersized and poorly programed. *HONOR THE WARRANTY!!!!! My lifetime business WAS worth more than an alternator replacement or transmission fix.... But after my experiences (with more than 4 dealerships across the country and Chevrolet themselves) I will never but anything GM again :-(

Unreliable SUV
By md1735

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Junk, poorly made GM vehicle. Won't buy another after how I was treated by Chevrolet Customer Service. Said it was all my fault and not a vehicle defects (too many to list)

Favorite Features

Tows fine, plenty of room for family as long as they don't go into 3rd row seat. Ride is good.

Suggested Improvements

Quality is gone on this vehicle. Looks don't mean a thing when the vehicle material is designed like it is. $25000 vehicle priced at $41000, rip off. No way a 3 year old vehicle should fall apart and look like its 15. Sad day when a Chev man walks away...