Used 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Need To Make Some Changes
By shoppingnana

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth suburban this is my least favorite the air vents are in the wrong place and the navigation system and the knobs for the heat and air are all so low you cant see them they should have put them up higher like other cars did. this is really dangerous where it is.they should have left the cup holders like they were in the older models there in nowhere to put things in this one.the DVD system is awful in this model if you have kids you will understand. what were they thinking if the tv control gets lost you cant even work it from the back seat.had to be a man to come up with this idea and they must not have had children.wish i had my old one back dont like this one at all.

Favorite Features

rides great, lots of room ,looks good,overall great car just needs some improving

Suggested Improvements

move the navigation system and all knobs up higher on the dash. change heat and air vents they blow in the wrong places. change the console and put the drinks cups back like the older models and take out the slide thing where the cup holders are it is in the way.change the way you work the dvd player

I Love My Suburban (Big Black)
By Dr. of Goop

2010 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've had everything from Corvettes to Jeeps (my family owned 3 new car franchises) and for a "Grown Up" the Suburban is the perfect vehicle for me at this stage (50 years old). My black LTZ gets looks everywhere because it evokes the Secret Service / Government impression. The LTZ package offers all of the amenities that I need. My actual mileage is a very respectable 15 MPG and would be substantially better if I didn't use the remote starter so much (to warm/cool the interior). Also, mileage would be better if I didn't have such a heavy foot. For me this is the right vehicle at the right time.

Favorite Features

Size, comfort and style. I think the Suburban is the nicest looking SUV by far. I prefer its styling over the GMC (ugly front in my opinion), Escalade (too much ginger bread and all the smaller foreign brands. The under powered Ford was a non-starter for me.

Suggested Improvements

Need good integration for iPod. Nearly everyone owns an iPod these days. I bought an aftermarket unit that plugs into the on board computer and is controlled through the nav/radio screen. It works well but its integration could be tighter. Also, a rear deflector to keep the tail gate/glass clean