Used 2013 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2013 Impala LT
By bubbasmama

2013 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Impala and I must say I love mine. It handles beautifully in all weather conditions and I've never about it slipping and sliding underneath me in the snow. The MPG is about what it is rated give or take upon my driving as with any vehicle. The only thing I would change is the seating. The seating accommodates 5 comfortably, bucket seats in the front, but the comfort in the seats for long trips could be better, my 2005 was my comfortable in the backseat.

Bluetooth phone hookup is great especially for long drives, sunroof and all my airbags. Safety first!

More comfortable seating, backseat passengers should not have their bums go numb on longer trips.

Older modeld
By kingkole02

2013 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This model is one before the new versions came out. It seems really basic. The engine is far but does not compare to the newer models at all. Interior looks a little dated and the exterior looks the same. Interior space is nice and seats are comfortable, truck has ample space. Good full size car for travel but not for everyday usage.

They have updated the design with many nice improvements

It's all about Value
By carguy198

2013 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Chevy Impala LT with 16k miles and I've had the vehicle now for 1 year and put an additional 12k miles on it. I have to say I am very impressed with this vehicle because of the value it offers. You get GM's flagship 3.6L V6 engine with the 6 speed automatic in a full size sedan for under 16k in the current model year. That's almost 50% off sticker for just 16k miles. For the money, there isn't a better deal on a vehicle out there (believe me, I've looked). Great daily driver. Not a sports cars, it's a full size sedan designed to be comfortable and reliable. MPG numbers are spot on too, 17 City and 31 Highway. Go take a look at one!

Powerful V6 Engine, Comfortable Seats, Good headroom despite moonroof

The transmission is reluctant to upshift from 5th to 6th gear between 50-60 mph.

Soild car
By ktm300xc

2013 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my car for a year, so far, no problems. Yes, Edmunds thinks the car is to plain, no flash or modern styling. But I personally don't need that. I just want a solid, large comfortable car for a reasonable price that is reliable. That's all. It gets about 20 mpg around town and 30+ mpg on the freeway. Plenty of power to pass on the freeway. The car has a speed limiter on the car, it's set at a maximum of 112 mph. So if you want to go faster, you will have to rechip the computer. I can carry six people, but it's more comfortable with a max of four. I bought the base LS model, has every option I need. And it has more options than the base 2014 Impala for a cheaper price!

I really like the column shifter with the bench seat over the mid console shifter and bucket seats. Of course, Chevy they quit making that option. Bummer.

Slightly more leg room in the back seats. That's about all I can think of.

Bang for Buck
By tnsailorguy

2013 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Most professional reviewers do not live with the cars they review. It is all about style and handling. Yes a BMW drives great and is beautiful but who can afford to maintain one. This Impala provides a long list of features that make everyday driving much more enjoyable. The price of admission is very affordable and they cost practically nothing to maintain. I traded up from the 09 LT to the 13 LTZ. In 85,000 miles of driving my 09 cost $125 for non regular maintenance cost. The 13 LTZ is a bit firmer but the power from the 3.6 is amazing over the 3.9 of the 09. Unless you plan on using this car to carve mountain roads do not be put off by the reviews.

Powerful and smooth engine. Good fuel economy. Big car ride. Bluetooth, Bose, heated seats, remote start, mylink and I think it is pretty

I wish it would link to my iPhone via USB. Chrome tips for exhaust. I liked the Chrome trim on the trunk of my 09 better.