This is a great car.
By mesanders on
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I have owned GM since I started driving. My last car was a 1991 Chevy Lumina Euro 2 Dr with a 3.1. Had to retire her after 290000 miles. Other than normal maintenance, oil change every 3 months, trans oil every 24 months with filter, the car still runs great and the new owner still gets 24 mpg with a heavy foot sometimes, just broke 300000 miles. This 05 Impala is a great car 28 mpg average 3.8 k motor 4spd OD trans LS option. Can't ask for more at this price. GM Certified Used Car, 5 year 10000 mile powetrain coverage from the original in service date with 12 months new car warranty coverage from the date of the used car purchase. I am looking towards another 300,000 miles.
Favorite Features
Leather interior, XM radio , OnStar, dual zone climate control . sunroof. Heated front seats, driver and passenger power 6 way. Rear leather fold down seats with access to trunk space. Steering wheel audio controls & cruise. Engine oil life monitor.
Suggested Improvements
The only problem so far is the brakes. They supposedly have a problem with out of round rotors both front and rear. Unfortunately made in China.