2005 Chevrolet Impala 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The best sedan we've ever

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

The best sedan we've ever owned
By Dave on

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've always bought Japanese, but I found a great deal on a used Impala, so I took a chance. I'm so glad I did. The car has had zero problems and it drives like a dream. The seats are very comfortable. My daughter says the rear seats are great, too. Trunk is huge. The best thing about the car is the phenomenal mileage: the Impala gets better mileage than our Subaru but it's much more spacious. The engine has plenty of pep and a satisfying growl that makes it feel like a hot rod. It's really the perfect combination of size, performance and fuel economy. I would buy another one. It's really a great car.

Favorite Features

Automatic headlights, power windows that work until a door is opened, and separate driver/ passenger climate control. A display tells you when you need an oil change. The radio increases in volume as road noise increases. Wife likes lighted makeup mirror and cupholders.

Suggested Improvements

We're at 42,000 miles and it feels like we will need new brakes soon. Also, there's no keyhole on the passenger side of the car, a minor annoyance.