2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Best car I ever owned
By Jack on 10/27/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives like a sports car--hugs the road like magic, takes our curvy mountain roads like they are interstates, accelerates rapidly at any speed. The gas mileage is not believable: 27-28 city, 32-34 highway at 70 mph. And it's quiet and comfortable even on the 800 mile, one-day trips we commonly take.

A decent family / touring car
By Metalgod27 on 10/23/05 13:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall it's a good car. Handles fairly well for the size & lack of sport suspension. Nice dash layout, good factory stereo (I have the 200W cd player, an upgrade). Complaints: engine could use more power, the seats could be more comfortable, and the leather is not soft at all - it feels more like vinyl than leather. Road noise is a little high, and the auto-on headlights cycle on and off at annoying times. Otherwise, a pretty solid car for a family or a 30- or 40- something guy who likes a roomy ride. I wouldn't have it without the sport appearance package though. Too bad there wasnt' a real SS in 2003. I like the new Impala.

03 Impala
By David Fox on 10/05/05 16:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have consistantly had 30 to 33 highway mpg with the 3800 engine from '88 and '01 Bonnevilles to this '03 Impala. 25 to 27 mpg in town. Encountered no mechanical repairs. Oil changed each 3000 miles.

Best American Car on the Road
By MP on 08/19/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just can't believe this car, it's like driving a couch, it's so comfortable. The performance is tip top, the leather wears great, the XM Radio is excellent as well as the control knobs on the steering wheel. It is without a doubt the most comfortable car I have ever owned. Yes the styling is a little aged, but who cares? It is a non-descript car in a time where everyone wants to stand out. It stands out by blending in.

Great car for the money
By ramond chiaramonte on 08/03/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with the 2003 Impala LS is great. I would absolutely purchase another in the future. I find the ride and comfort of the car compare very well with much more expensive foreign cars, as well as the appearance. The upgraded stereo is the best I have ever heard in a car. The car also has great trunk space. I continually get positive comments about the car from my associates, many who own foreign cars. They are usally suprised when I tell them what kind of car it is. Often they do not realize it is a Chevrolet Impala. I would recomend this car to anyone without hesitation.

Sporty Impala
By wfujioka on 05/09/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the Sports Appearance package and this is the best car that I have bought so far, it has a lot of pep & go and is exceptional on the road. The steering is a little loose. I am currently getting 27-28 miles per gallon. Looking forward to the 2006 edition. That is when my wife will exchange her 2002 Monte Carlo for another Impala.

The Bed Rock of GM Value
By MikeDeas on 04/29/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was not initially impressed with this Impala's styling as I thought it was a bit conservative but inoffensive. But a closer look at the contents, prior experience with its 3.8L V-6 (older design) and a test drive converted me out of my 2000 Chrysler LHS which while roomier, and less prone to wind gusts, used 89 octane fuel (vice the 87 octane for this Chevy) and more of it. The Impala LS was also more tightly assembled and to date, I've had not one problem. GM's current profitability problems certainly weren't caused by this Chevy!

Parker Impala Express
By kirbyj on 03/07/05 17:41 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala LS is the perfect car for the budget minded family who still likes the acceleration, safety, comfort and good gas mileage for a larger car. My car has cloth seats which was the selling point plus an average 25 mpg in a city/hwy scenario but I have gotten 30 plus on the highway at 75mph. The sound system is great and the ABS brakes and tire imflation system is standard. All this for under $13,600 makes it delightful on the pocket book and very reasonable to insure. Five can ride comfortably; although I would not want to attempt a cross country trip with that many and the trunk is large and roomy. It is not a luxury car but the price for what you get makes it very appealing.

Impala LS Sport
By SaabDriver on 03/04/05 18:54 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. It comes with the LS sport package(Corvette tail lights, carbon-fibre interior trim, little Impala logos on the door panels on the inside, shiny exaust tip, 16" sporty 5 spoke wheels and lower front fascia extensions. The interior is really big, even though I like small cars better.

perfect sedan
By angel 52 on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

very happy with this car. very realible