2002 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews 13

2002 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
DBatmobile
By dyoung1 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is comfortable, though a bit noisy, with most controls easy to use and reach. Leather seats provide good support with adjustable lumbar and they are toasty in the winter with the seat heaters. The car has a very smooth powertrain with excellent low end grunt and pleanty of passing power with the 3.8L engine. It gets excellent gas mileage at about 30-31 on trips. The handling dynamics are so-so, it requires attention to track, especially on the twisty roads. It holds all our stuff for those long vacations, but is still easy to park. The only problem in 10k miles was a leak in the gas tank filler neck that required replacement of the tank - under warranty.

Impala LS for 5'7" and over
By sportrjt on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for four days. Drove 220 miles and my right knee and leg hurted all night. This car is not designed for people 5'7" and over. The driver seat does not go back far enough. You have to turn totally around to open the console. The console is too far back. Although the car is a sports car of like, it rides kind of rough and wobbly. The driver will continuously bump their knee and scoff the bottom of the drivers door when getting out the car. Y

Recommend buy- Impala
By EvansImpala on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Extremely pleased with the Impala. I purchased the vehicle in Feb of 01, mainly as a pleasure vehicle. I owned a 96 Impala and can say that short of the acceleration of the 96 Impala, the remake has exceeded my expectations. On a recent 1500 mile trip with full load of luggage driving at average speed of 65mph, mileage was calculated at 31.5mpg. Smooth ride, smooth acceleration, quite, and just about the right size for ease of handling in tight spaces. I would recommend a buy of this vehicle to anyone. Traction control works fine, stereo sounds great. Only repair problem which was fixed in one day by dealer was side air bag sensor was defective.

Great Car!
By ColnelJ on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this car. Only problem is break rotors - Chevy needs to change suppler - Had a 97 Monte Carlo with 97,000 miles and never touched the breaks.

"Oh my God"
By xeta on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my toyota but I am in love with mt Impala LS. It handles like a dream,you don't feel it moving. It is quiet,corners beautiful and is just plain fun to drive. This is what I call my "Oh my God" car because that is what I said when I saw it and drove it.

Got the sport package LS
By Mr.Happy on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I started second week with the 02 LS sport (black). The car is fully loaded except the sunroof, I don't like it. So far it was very pleasant driving. The car looks much better than LS at least in my view. Got the car with 58 km on it and average fuel 13.5 liters per 100 km. ever since I am driving it the consuption is improving. I am at 10 liters/100km. I would like to see the dealer driver how he was "pumping it" to get to the dealer!

Impala!
By Crunch61 on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I guess I would have to say that I love this car. The Impala rides like a dream (although the suspension is a bit on the soft side - more luxury than sport which is ok by me), and it's QUIET! (inside AND out). It's nice to be able to roll up the windows and not hear the traffic! I have the seat-package upgrade which includes the interior trim mod and the grip handles... Much more comfortable than the standard seats. I had five adults in the car and all were comfortable. Performance is good with the standard 3.4L engine though I wish I had opted for the 3.8L. Still, I don't have any trouble getting in and out of traffic. My overall rating is VERY GOOD!

Impala! A Great Car
By nyclicker on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It' a great performing car, fun to drive and loaded with many standard features. So far I have been getting 22mpg. There's nothing I would change on this car.

Pros and Pros
By GeorgeClarke on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. I rented one in CA and because of that I wound up buying one. Even fully loaded the car handles well and responds well. Both my wife and myself feel that a lot of thought went into the design and placement of interior features. Things are just convenient to the driver. We are very happy with our new car.

My Favorite Car
By pinqkandi on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased a 2002 Impala LS. I love the car - it's my favorite car I've ever had. It's comfortable, good looking, and very adequetly powered. I've had no problems what so ever. One of the things I love most is the integrated OnStar system - it's so powerful. You can check your email with the rearview mirror! Many more things are spectacular about this car. In short: you'll love it.