Used 2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Best out of 50 cars
By LCT

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I went through 4 junkers the first year I started driving in 1970 and have owned over 50 cars since. The 2014 Equinox was my first new car and I could not be more pleased. I traded in a high end 2007 GMC Envoy that I loved but got terrible gas mileage. My GMC was a powerful 4 wheel drive tank and I was worried about how the Equinox AWD would handle New England's heavy snowfalls. The winter of 2014-2015 was one of the worst I have dealt with and the Equinox took on the snow, ice and cold without fail. I get around 25 mpg and drive the car pretty hard. For a 4 cylinder it is very quick and I have no complaints.

Defog & Air SUCKS
By Sonia Marrero

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2014 Equinox, missed work, kid missed school, fogged windshield, would not defrost, very unsafe, could not see and drove off paved rode this is so unfortunate. I did bring it back to the Dealer and they said it was normal on these cars. I am so disappointed with this vehicle, I just had to take it back in because the Air conditional was not working, Van York said that they put in dye and filled it back up. This should not be happening what are the Chevrolet company waiting for a number of Fatal accident. I was so happy when I bought this not knowing that it was going to have so many problems and we are stuck with it.

Good car for the money
By Phil keeling

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good in snow, comfortable on trips, 25 to 30 mpg and has been very reliable in first 10k miles.

6 speed trans works well, roomy, build quality, and price

More refined 4 cyl engine

A HUGE improvement over our 2005 Equinox.
By frg5

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased a 2014 1LT in 'candy apple red' with the black/light titanium interior in September of 2014. The only option was the 8-way power driver's seat with the remote start package. Chevy improved this vehicle every way imaginable over our 2005 Equinox, which we LOVED. The ride, the handling, the quality of the seating, the quality of the interior, and all of the included electronic possibilities make this a truly fun vehicle for us to drive.

The hands free phone feature is great - the electronic tire pressure monitoring is very convenient - the rear leg room is pretty amazing - my wife has back issues and the driver's seat, with all of its adjustments and bolstering, is extremely comfortable for her.........I don't always agree with government mandated safety features but believe that HEATED outside mirrors should be added to that list. Chevy includes this on all Equinox's except the LS.

I think the speaker system in our 2005 1LT Equinox might have been better than in our 2014 1LT Equinox. Regardless, they are not overly impressive, especially when playing CD's.

Everything I was expecting
By phil06

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Based on Internet reviews and comments, I bought a 2014 1LT Equinox with the 6-cylinder engine. I now have 600 miles on the vehicle, and am very satisfied. Acceleration is great, it is comfortable and quiet, and it drives and handles well. (On that latter point, I have seen comments about less than precise steering & handling. I have not noticed that in my Equinox, and wonder if that has to do with the fact that the 4-cylinder Equinox has electric power steering, while the 6-cylinder has hydraulic power steering.) BTW, my gas mileage with the V6 has been HIGHER than the EPA estimate - even during break-in.

Ride, quietness, handling, acceleration, gas mileage, premium sound system, OnStar, infotainment system, lots of headroom and legroom, fore & aft adjustment for rear seat

Improve visibility by reducing the size of the roof pillars. Improve the quality and appearance of interior materials. The current exterior design is nothing special; the previous version was more attractive.

• SUV