Used 2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Good car for the money
By Phil keeling

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good in snow, comfortable on trips, 25 to 30 mpg and has been very reliable in first 10k miles.

Favorite Features

6 speed trans works well, roomy, build quality, and price

Suggested Improvements

More refined 4 cyl engine

A HUGE improvement over our 2005 Equinox.
By frg5

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased a 2014 1LT in 'candy apple red' with the black/light titanium interior in September of 2014. The only option was the 8-way power driver's seat with the remote start package. Chevy improved this vehicle every way imaginable over our 2005 Equinox, which we LOVED. The ride, the handling, the quality of the seating, the quality of the interior, and all of the included electronic possibilities make this a truly fun vehicle for us to drive.

Favorite Features

The hands free phone feature is great - the electronic tire pressure monitoring is very convenient - the rear leg room is pretty amazing - my wife has back issues and the driver's seat, with all of its adjustments and bolstering, is extremely comfortable for her.........I don't always agree with government mandated safety features but believe that HEATED outside mirrors should be added to that list. Chevy includes this on all Equinox's except the LS.

Suggested Improvements

I think the speaker system in our 2005 1LT Equinox might have been better than in our 2014 1LT Equinox. Regardless, they are not overly impressive, especially when playing CD's.

Everything I was expecting
By phil06

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Based on Internet reviews and comments, I bought a 2014 1LT Equinox with the 6-cylinder engine. I now have 600 miles on the vehicle, and am very satisfied. Acceleration is great, it is comfortable and quiet, and it drives and handles well. (On that latter point, I have seen comments about less than precise steering & handling. I have not noticed that in my Equinox, and wonder if that has to do with the fact that the 4-cylinder Equinox has electric power steering, while the 6-cylinder has hydraulic power steering.) BTW, my gas mileage with the V6 has been HIGHER than the EPA estimate - even during break-in.

Favorite Features

Ride, quietness, handling, acceleration, gas mileage, premium sound system, OnStar, infotainment system, lots of headroom and legroom, fore & aft adjustment for rear seat

Suggested Improvements

Improve visibility by reducing the size of the roof pillars. Improve the quality and appearance of interior materials. The current exterior design is nothing special; the previous version was more attractive.

2014 Equinox
By pegram

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My 2014 Equinox is a fun vehicle to drive and has a good engine and gets good gas millage. I have only had mine for a couple of months, but so far I have no complaints. I recommend test driving this vehicle to see how well handling it is. James Corlew Dealership in Clarksville, TN was very professional and the salesman Jarren Miller was the best and very helpful in helping us with this purchase.

Favorite Features

Sirus radio

Suggested Improvements

None

Still like it
By jonesy85

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for over 6 months and 12, miles, and have not had a single problem with it. It handled this past NJ winter snow/cold without a whimper. Didn't need AWD in the snow. I have gotten 32 MPG straight highway and 27 MPG mixed. Could I think of things to add to the car to make it better? Who couldn't. But I am happy with this car and the price I paid for it. It is a very comfortable car with a great engine and great milage.

Favorite Features

Heated cloth seats, sunroof, chrome wheels. Sliding rear seat adds to the hauling room. Great idea.