Lemon Cruze
By lemon27 on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought a brand new 2011 chevy cruze in may 2011. It was in the shop 6 different times during the time that i had it (around a year) we have just sold it and took a loss of $4,000 but i was just glad to get out from under my Lemon car. We tried to contact GM for around three weeks and all we got was the run around and voicemails. The least they could do is talk to there customers and listen to what they have to say instead of avoiding them but they don't care because they already have my money and it was nothing out of there pockets.
Suggested Improvements
The cruze needs to be built better so it would not have to be in the shop so much. We had to put it in the shop once for a rock hitting the coil and pucturing a hole. We were told at first that it was not a warranty item and we would have to pay the $800 to get fixed. We finally got a call saying they had just received a notification that morning saying it was covered under warranty. Looks like there would be someway to prevent this.
By wolfman9044
on 08/06/12 08:36 AM (PDT)

Chevy?GM are clueless. I had tranny, idling, and gas mileage issues with my 2011 Cruze. Brought it to the dealer 5 times. Long story short, if the computer check does not show a fault, according to GM there's nothing wrong with the car. They won't look into it any further. I took my complaint s all they way to GM and got the royal runaround. Not once did ANYBODY actually try to fix my car based on my input. Like I'm a complete schmuck or something. I was a schmuck for buying that piece of #%#@ in the first place. I bougt out of my lease and got an Accord. Should have done that in the first place. I'm much happier now. My Honda was made in America and has more American parts on it than the Chevy.